top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here...and making myself sick over the situation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here...and making myself sick over the situation!

I have been making myself physically sick over what to do and have come to the realization that BK is the only other option. I guess im on here hoping for some advise in the right direction.

We have been working with AMericas servicing/Wells Fargo on a loan modification since 2009. They have been accepting and telling me to mail minnimal payments in, which i have done. Suddenly in october 2011 they started to return my checks. I then received a letter from an attorney saying wells fargo will now only accept the total due of 19000.00. Americas servicing no refuses to answer my repeated left messages.

In order to be able to make mortgage and 2nd mortage payments and utility bills, i stopped paying over half of our credit card bills. So in addition to the mortgage problems, the credit card debt is looming too.

I have 2 kids in college and have been trying to not have to file due to my fear that it will affect their student loan ability.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

You need to meet with an attorney ASAP, YOUR filing bankruptcy will not affect THEIR ability to get student loans. You may be unable to qualify for private parent loans to assist them, but it will not affect them in any way since they are not the ones filing.
    Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

You might as well stop paying the other half of the cc's as well.
      What's your equity situation in the house?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Just wanted to say this is a great place for support. (((hugs)))

Comment

Get A ATTORNEY ASAP
          Stop paying credit cards
          I did it and it has worked out
          BK is not the end of the world that I thought it would be. just follow what your attorney says and GO FOR IT

Comment

Welcome craftee - LOTS of support here and every one of us has been through the same or similar. Look, I worried (and worry) about EVERYTHING!!!!

BUT - get a GOOD atty, (cheap is not always the best!!!!) and do this thing - it was the best for us!!!

Comment

Hello, take a breath and start looking up bk attorneys. The consults are free and you should shop around until you find one that you feel very comfortable with. You will learn alot by asking questions while interviewing them. I agree with stopping all cc payments and start saving for your attorney. You will have to put some time between your last CC use and filing, at least 90 days but more like 6 months is ideal. Once you realize that this is the road you are on and make the decision to go forward you will be starting to take control back. Read everything you can here, this is a great site with lots of great support and info. You will feel better once you take the steps toward your financially recovery. The best of luck and stick around you will be glad you did.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X