Saving documents from PACER as pdf files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving documents from PACER as pdf files

Anyone else have trouble doing this? It only allows me the option to save as a firefox document(even though I'm on Chrome), and doing that would mean the file would just take me to the link on PACER, where it would charge me for 30 pages again. Anyone know any tricks to get it to save as a .pdf file?
    Filed: 12/29/11
    341 Meeting: 1/23/12

Not sure how I did it but I think you just press save and change the type to .pdf. I actually think it just came up in adobe and I clicked save from there. Are you on a mac?
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Open up the document in Adobe Reader. Once there, there will be a 'Save As' option. If you don't have Adobe Reader on board, you will need to download it. The Reader is free.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Tried that earlier. Adobe wouldn't open the file.

Comment

Might have to update your adobe. When I opened it up, it went right into adobe.
          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

The problem is that my PC wants to save it as an internet page and not a .pdf file, and I can't seem to get around that. Oh well. Hopefully my attorney can send me a copy of it.

Comment

I couldn't save mine either, so I printed it and scanned it back in.

Comment

I had problems with saving the PDFs when I was using Adobe Reader with IE9, I switched over to FireFox and had no issues saving all my documents
                Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
                341 Hearing 1/12/12
                Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

Originally posted by DirkDiggler View Post
                  I had problems with saving the PDFs when I was using Adobe Reader with IE9, I switched over to FireFox and had no issues saving all my documents
                  I was about to say the same in reverse, go to ie and save. The acrobat reader will open within the browser as an add on. There are two place to save. One is in the header menu of the browser, and one is in the top of the acrobat. Use that one. It is an imbedded add on in pdf. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by luckstyl View Post
                    The problem is that my PC wants to save it as an internet page and not a .pdf file, and I can't seem to get around that. Oh well. Hopefully my attorney can send me a copy of it.
                    Yes, your attorney should send you a copy. There is no reason a debtor with an attorney should have to have a Pacer account to get copies of documents in his/her case. Other then members of this board and perhaps other similar communities, I bet there are very few debtors who even know what Pacer is, much less have an account.
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yes, he sent me the petition quickly after I asked him for a copy.

Comment

Download Cutepdf (It's free)

Load your page, and select print, From the print dialog, instead of choosing your printer, select cutepdf and print.
                        it will load a save dialog box and woala, you now have a pdf file.
                        8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
                        9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
                        Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X