This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
    BK has taught me that if I pay my attorney $1500, and after the discharge, pay $5K to buy back my assets, I can wipe away any unsecured debt that I may have garnered
    So what it taught you was how to work the system. Rack up 140k in CC debt and voila! your debt is erased and all it cost you was a measly $6,500. From the way this is worded and your recent actions it sounds to me that this might be a permanant strategy in your financial planning. It seems to me that you never intended to pay back any of the 140k of CC debt and planned all along to file bankruptcy. Who wouldn't go out and buy exempt items rather than flushing the CC payment down the toilet? I, for one would not. As soon as I realized that I couldn't pay my cards I stopped using them. There certainly was plenty of credit left over for me to use but I didn't. Bankruptcy is NOT a business tool. I don't agree with Hub saying that "people just don't get you". I'm pretty sure many people on here and FW "get you". If I was a gambler I would say you are going to get that HELOC, spend it and then let the house foreclose and file bankruptcy again. It's people that have your attitude that have helped tighten up the bankruptcy laws. If you got a credit card with a $1900 limit and now they've reduced it to $1000 and you've almost maxed it out already then you aren't really being a "good little boy". If I sound a little bit harsh I mean to. Yes, it pisses me off that you discharged 140k in CC debt not 18 months ago and are disgusted that you can't get a secured loan. I think FW was on the right track when they called you a "troll".

A Definition of "Forum Troll"

A "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to provoke people to respond. The Forum Troll delights in sowing discord within a forum. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is deliberately controvertial, baiting and pulling people into a "flaming" discussion.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Whoa!!!!!! I find myself between all my friends with very constructive reasons. JBL has been here for some time. I admit, a bit controversial as I and he have been. I disagree with much he has posted and agreed as well with some viable concepts. I do not agree he to be a Troll. I do believe he may be "honest" to his detriment.

All of us have found ourselves in dire straights. We then dawned upon the realistic truth we cannot go on the way it was in the past. I and Mrs. made the mistake of liquidating our future to pay debt that could have been discharged. Gawd we could use that money now. We gave away land worth millions when we had money. If we had not, we would have lost it due to my enemy. It all worked out. JBL simply is planning a future as I see it.

I don't think he is living in his real world though. He needs 1200 to go to Europe??? Yet has no job and used to (implied) make 10K a month? Why now as unemployed does a 2K line of credit mean so much? Why this stampede to get an enormous amount of cards?

I don't walk in his shoes so I don't know what is on his mind. I only defend him in posting honestly. I don't defend his thinking or wisdom. I defend his posts as they have for the most part, been non flammable, but fairly good. A Troll would not waste time for the bit of good posts he has made that generated into good info.

I think he has not come down to reality yet as WE still have the feeling, that if we want it, just get it, until we look at our balances. This is why we do NOT have a credit card.

I think he has gotten the message from now two forums. I agree with continuing to critique our member, but let us not chastise him away from the best place on Earth (or Internet) to help those to come. He is still valuable in his own way.

This is only my opinion and I don't personally know, or agree with all our guy espouses. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
        BK has taught me that if I pay my attorney $1500, and after the discharge, pay $5K to buy back my assets, I can wipe away any unsecured debt that I may have garnered (so long as it has been properly seasoned), with the penalty being treated shabbily by future creditors (which has some financial value) and folks on finance forums (which has some emotional value, FWIW.) What is it supposed to teach me? It's a business tool that can be used - and should be used, from a personal fiduciary POV - if the benefits outweigh the costs. Mitt Romney used it like crazy during his Bain Capital days - what did HE learn? (Actually, that would be a fantastic debate question when goes up against the POTUS!)

I don't expect that creditors will be very interested in giving me unsecured credit - and I don't have a problem with that as all I need is about a $2K limit to buy the things I need (which for me now includes a $1200 or so airline ticket every year.) However, I would like the ability to get secured credit - a HELOC, to tap the equity in my home, and perhaps in the future a car loan. But to get the HELOC, I need to show that I'm a good little boy and can get a lot of unsecured credit. I'm just disgusted that folks won't give me the secured loan I want!
        What you are not doing is establishing yourself as credit worthy after filing. You have to prove to creditors that you are back on track and can handle credit. It takes time to do that but in order to meet your personal needs, you have just lengthened the time it will take to make you credit worthy again to reach your goals. To access the equity in your home and get that HELOC, you have to be credit worthy - with all this recent activity of yours, you have established the opposite. $1200 per year for an airline ticket can be obtained through money saved or, if you can't afford it you can't afford it and just can't go. It is what it is....

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

This thread has run its course and is being closed.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X