No announcement yet.

Non-Consumer BK7 Discharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rental property is a big part of why we filed 13. Law suits and expenses that we tried to cover with cc's. I suggest anyone with multiple properties hire a property manager. We had 9 properties and no life. Glad it is all behind us now. 2.5 years to being totally debt free.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

We have always used property managers. The only way to go for multiple properties especially since most of ours are out of state.
      Chap 7 Non-consumer --Realized headed for bankruptcy Nov 2010 --Started planning BK7 Spring 2011 -- Filed Sept 2011 -- 341 & Continued 341 Meetings Nov 2011 --No Asset Case Nov 2011 --Discharged Jan 2012 --Closed Feb 2012

Comment

Property managers can be very bad too. A property management company, that shall remain nameless, is what led me to getting out of the business. Luckily, I was not the only one that was financially injured by this particular company and the withdrawal of a great deal of their management contracts, caused them to fail.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Either way, tenants or property managers, you are dealing with people and most are good and some are not so good. We simply find it easier to manage property managers than tenants as there are fewer laws governing our association with property managers than with tenants. Property managers are easier to evict assuming you read the agreement/contract and didn't signup for one sided terms and conditions. Like our tenants, there are some property managers we have had for years and others have lasted only a few months before we had to take action. In one case a property manager signed up to take over a property on a Friday and walked away from their business on Monday, without warning. The further away the property is from our home, the more we want to use property managers.
          Chap 7 Non-consumer --Realized headed for bankruptcy Nov 2010 --Started planning BK7 Spring 2011 -- Filed Sept 2011 -- 341 & Continued 341 Meetings Nov 2011 --No Asset Case Nov 2011 --Discharged Jan 2012 --Closed Feb 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X