top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update after being gone for a long time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update after being gone for a long time...

Well, its been ages since I posted. When I got preggo 2 years ago my focus and my posting preference went from BKforum to my PGforum..LOL.

Anyway things are great. I filed my BK7 in 10/05 and was Dc'd in 2/06. I aggressively rebuilt credit and I can honestly say things are pretty much back to normal. I've kept my finances within control, but of course have a little more debt that I probably should but its all VERY manageable and we are living within our means.

I finally just started closing some of my earlier cards like cap 1 and hooters...those card with yearly fees.

My last car we got at the beginning of the year for my husband we financed through our credit union at 2.9%. We are in the process of buying a home and just locked in our rate today at 3.75% on a conventional. I've been able to save up $100,000 in my retirement since bk and I am proud to say that I'm still driving the same car that I got a few months after my filing and its PAID OFF. Another things is we have rented apartments along the way and not one time have they given us any problem with having a BK.

So, I'm hoping this gives inspiration to those just starting the process. If you can just look a few years down the road things do get so much better and its all worth it!! Filing BK was the BEST BEST BEST decision I ever made and I haven't regretted it even one day!!!
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Thank you for the update! Congrats on your new life journey and sounds like you truely live within your means and "lived and learned" along the way. You inspire those of us just starting or in the middle of the process. The best of luck with your house and update us again!

Comment

Hi CindyLou:

It is great to hear from you and to know that you and the family are doing so well. Please keep coming back now and again to help the newbies, who are beginning and cannot believe that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, that isn't a train...
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yes thanks for posting! We will be filing this summer, and it is driving me crazy! It is so nice to read your post that down the road, things will be better.

Comment

Appreciate the update! Continued success!

Comment

Good news!

Comment

Hi Cindy Lou,

Thanks for posting the positive happenings in your life after going through bankruptcy. My husband and I struggled with the decision for a long time and will file in a few months. It seems we had to get over the "stigma" that seems to be associated with the word bankruptcy. After losing two jobs in five years, I've been unemployed for two years, a year of that being sick, I am finally starting to see there could be a light at the end of the tunnel. I am just so glad to hear this and congrats to you and your family!

Comment

Congratulations on your success. I came on board sometime after you stopped posting, so never got to meet you as such. I am glad you are doing well. Thank you for taking the time to post updates.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X