Stressed to the Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressed to the Max

No questions, just feeling overwhelmed, and in need of an outlet. Actually, what I need is a good cry, to release some of this stress, but I have no tears.

I got my tax refund, so, at this point, the only thing stopping me from filing is finding an attorney. General wisdom from most people on this forum is to meet with a few attorneys before choosing one. I've met with one so far, and I have an appointment with another this weekend, and, to be honest, I have half a mind to just go ahead and file as soon as I meet this second guy, just because he's an attorney, and he's right there in front of me, and can now afford the fee. My case is simple enough that I could probably do it pro se, so it probably doesn't matter who I pick, anyway. The sooner I file, the sooner I get my discharge.

I know that's not the best way to go about it, but I'm that ready to put this BS behind me, and get on with my life. I don't see how people live their whole lives judgement proof. I'm judgement proof, and have actually considered taking my sweet time--I don't plan on going back to work until my toddler starts school, so I have a few years--but, I can't stand having this cloud looming over my head. It's been far too long.

My sister is coming for a two-week visit, so maybe I can take advantage of free babysitting services, and meet with a few more attorneys. Maybe I can file before she leaves.

So, basically, this entire post can be summed up as, "Blah, blah, blah. I'm impatient." Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by lotsahats; 02-08-2012, 07:01 PM.
    Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
    Discharged! June 28, 2012
    Closed! August 8, 2012

you're just venting. which is understandable. and, so glad you're doing it HERE, where people truly do understand. it's not usual to be hesitate to hire an atty. although, i must say, at this point, you have apparently not felt comfortable with someone. (yes, i understand it's difficult to be comfortable in an uncomfortable situation), yet, there should be a level of comfort. personally, i interviewed over 5 attys (and i'm a paralegal,) truthfully the one only ones' i would be comfortable with are des and hhm, since we can't have THEM...well, we need to attempt to do the best we can and feel those whom we hire will do, in fact, the best job possible for us.

good luck, you will make the right choice, but interview MANY and do not settle.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      you're just venting. which is understandable. and, so glad you're doing it HERE, where people truly do understand. it's not usual to be hesitate to hire an atty. although, i must say, at this point, you have apparently not felt comfortable with someone. (yes, i understand it's difficult to be comfortable in an uncomfortable situation), yet, there should be a level of comfort. personally, i interviewed over 5 attys (and i'm a paralegal,) truthfully the one only ones' i would be comfortable with are des and hhm, since we can't have THEM...well, we need to attempt to do the best we can and feel those whom we hire will do, in fact, the best job possible for us.

good luck, you will make the right choice, but interview MANY and do not settle.
      Actually, I didn't feel uncomfortable with the first guy at all. It's just that, at the time, I was there to ask some questions, and consider hiring him in the future. But now that my tax refund is here, and I'm meeting someone Saturday, I almost want to say, "Screw it. I'll just file this weekend, and be done with it." So, it's not that I'm hesitant to hire an attorney. I'm the exact opposite.
      Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
      Discharged! June 28, 2012
      Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

I know the feeling well. You are venting and this is the right place to do that so have at it! Now that you have the filing fee in hand take a step back for a minute. You have met with one attorney and not impressed, good start! See the second one this weekend, ask alot of questions in the mean time make one more appointment for next week (or 2 if you can do that). One week from now you will be so happy you waited and saw more than one attorney. Your attorney can make or break your case, as simple as your case may be, the last thing you want is to be stressed anymore than you need to be after filing.

Take pleasure in knowing that you have the fee in hand, you have eliminated that stress (for many people this is a big stress factor just getting the money) and you are now in charge of who you use and when you do it. Did you hear that? You are taking charge of your life again and taking it back, one step at a time. Set a timeline, put it on paper and head for that goal. It will feel all that much better when you are living on your own timeline again, making your own decisions about when. This is a good thing, take advantage of that. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
          Actually, I didn't feel uncomfortable with the first guy at all. It's just that, at the time, I was there to ask some questions, and consider hiring him in the future. But now that my tax refund is here, and I'm meeting someone Saturday, I almost want to say, "Screw it. I'll just file this weekend, and be done with it." So, it's not that I'm hesitant to hire an attorney. I'm the exact opposite.
          well if thats the case, just be sure it's the one you want! i know ours had a personality of a mouse, but was so tired of the loud mouth know it all atty's, we just went with the yale grad that was young and rather shy, but knew their stuff. i'm just saying, you don't want to be sorry down the road that you didn't go with the one that felt most "right" for you.

if you have like them all...go for it!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X