top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BK Forum - The True Measure of our Economy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"seems Like someone tampering with my copy button and did not print all. " ... available work force is currently out of work, Great Depression levels. The 8.3 % figure the politicians like to throw out to us is adjusted for % of people still looking for work. This deception has been used by politicians from both sides of the fence for some time so they can get reelected. Certainly Bush used the numbers for his second term.
    Bankruptcy is beginning to decline because it has already been of service to all of those who went bankrupt in the Great Recession. Unemployment is growing, not getting better. What little jobs you can get is underpaid from what you made before. Same old, same old. Those people that has kept a job and rode out the Great Recession hangs by their teeth and any other bobble, you will see a new group coming into the Forum, but that will take up to a year or more as many of you on the Forum already know how long you go through denial before you file.
    What was amazing about this last surge of bankruptcies during this past recession is that the record numbers were made even despite the changes in bankruptcy laws in 2005 that was suppose to stop so many bankruptcies. The law change was offered because of the big business lobbying groups thought they were getting cheated too much out of their money.
    Collectivists, the small groups who want to control individuals and their rights are foreign to our Founding Fathers ideas about a Republic and Democracy. And you buy into to all of that, Hub? Please, leave your politics at your house and help us with bankruptcy issues. You are good at that.

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
      So, you are proposing a war with Iran? If Iran wants a nuke, why is it our business?
      YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!! Anyone pops one of those off, it's all over for the World. Do you think a nuke in Tel-Aviv would stop only at one? NY and LA and Jacksonville will be lit up as well as Paris, Berlin and on. Numerous Countries will freak out and take advantage of winning first. What a ludicrous post.

Originally posted by mlsj2009 View Post
      You wear me out Hub, love your comments on bankruptcy but not happy with your politics. You want to replace one politician (obama) with yet another more dangerous politician (Fascist Republican- any of them will do).
      I am an equal opportunity hater of professional politicians regardless of which tribe they ascend to the throne from. They are all collectivists and support the lobby machine which supports big business. Out-sourcing, one World philosophy, and an influx of foreigners into our country has caused this mess along with a dependency on oil (again, big business). If you will remember, it was Bush who was President when all of this started. Obama just inherited. Not necessarily either one's fault because it has been coming for a long time.
      Our true unemployment is 36.3%. That means 36.3 % of the available work force is od
      I cannot deny the facts you bring forth. I agree with you completely. However I belong to the ABO party. (Anyone But Obama) Leaves me one question: What makes you think Obama will not declare himself as president for life as other dictators have done. (Study the rise of Hitler). One emergency as mentioned above and Martial Law, the Constitution set aside. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by mlsj2009 View Post
        "seems Like someone tampering with my copy button and did not print all. " ... available work force is currently out of work, Great Depression levels. The 8.3 % figure the politicians like to throw out to us is adjusted for % of people still looking for work. This deception has been used by politicians from both sides of the fence for some time so they can get reelected. Certainly Bush used the numbers for his second term.
        Bankruptcy is beginning to decline because it has already been of service to all of those who went bankrupt in the Great Recession. Unemployment is growing, not getting better. What little jobs you can get is underpaid from what you made before. Same old, same old. Those people that has kept a job and rode out the Great Recession hangs by their teeth and any other bobble, you will see a new group coming into the Forum, but that will take up to a year or more as many of you on the Forum already know how long you go through denial before you file.
        What was amazing about this last surge of bankruptcies during this past recession is that the record numbers were made even despite the changes in bankruptcy laws in 2005 that was suppose to stop so many bankruptcies. The law change was offered because of the big business lobbying groups thought they were getting cheated too much out of their money.
        Collectivists, the small groups who want to control individuals and their rights are foreign to our Founding Fathers ideas about a Republic and Democracy. And you buy into to all of that, Hub? Please, leave your politics at your house and help us with bankruptcy issues. You are good at that.
        Wow, you said enough in your first half, that you outdid on your second half. I completely agree with you. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
          I'll say that too. Indubitably. I started focusing my practice on bankruptcy in late 2005 when Katrina devastated this area. It was slow then because fed-gov money was pouring in, but that would soon dry up and now they're even demanding a lot of it back. Case volume has more than doubled since then. Unemployment, foreclosures, layoffs, offshoring of production facilities -- that's my bread and butter of late. Hell, when gas goes above $4.00 / gal I'll be in high cotton, as they say. Enough even, to replace all the stuff that gets stolen out of my garage. I'd rather be closing real estate deals, forming new business corporations, adoptions and such. That's happier work, but there's not much of it. If my concerns ended when my life ended, I'd vote for his Marxist ass every time. But they don't . I have kids that I'd like to leave something more than a bankruptcy practice to that depends on other people's misfortunes.

I wonder sometimes if it is visible to them when my eyes glaze over as they start spilling their guts to me about how hard they have tried to avoid banktupcy; how hard it is for them to admit "failure"; how they took out a second mortgage on their home to pay credit card debt because they had never been late on a bill in their life and they were sure that things were going to get better; how they exhausted the 401ks to pay credit cards and had a 700+ credit score and now he has to get food stamps to feed his family; how 45 year old men are moving back in with their parents.

Hey, I'm with you bro. Obama all the way 2012.
          MS, you were brilliant as even before my bk which now is long ago, I told all four of my lawyers in the serial law suits I was in by way of an enemy, that they should change their specialty to bankruptcy as I too saw the beast just over the horizon. They just laughed. Now two of them are out of their practice, but you are in spades. Good guess.

Now my next theory is this: So those folks that are pleased with the 63% stock market et al, and IRA 401K is blooming, well to them I say, by the time 'Bammy gets through printing money to reward his constituents, what will that dollar buy? How long will our streets be relatively quiet when SS stops paying out and Food Stamps stop? I see a second horizon with another beast just topping it and very soon. 'Hub

Comment

[/QUOTE] I cannot deny the facts you bring forth. I agree with you completely. However I belong to the ABO party. (Anyone But Obama) Leaves me one question: What makes you think Obama will not declare himself as president for life as other dictators have done. (Study the rise of Hitler). One emergency as mentioned above and Martial Law, the Constitution set aside. 'Hub[/QUOTE]

Hub, again not to belabor the point, but I prefer your bankruptcy comments over politics. This last response just makes me wonder why you would prefer one collectivist over the other. Obama, still a collectivist, is no more dangerous than what he has shown, a team player with the establishment. Certainly no danger to the establishment of Big Business and their lobbyists. He is much less likely to pull the scare tactic you use to convince your readers he is dangerous than the numerous Fascist Republicans that think they are on God's mission.
            I therefore wonder if you hate Obama because he is the first black elected. So, is your comments racial? "Anybody but Obama" seems like a racist statement to me. I have already seen what Obama has done for four years and it was much better than his predecessor. He is bringing the troops home, he does have better control of foreign issues despite your claim that a military with gonads is our savior. I perceive it to be our problem.
            Instead, according to your philosophy, I presume you think we should be nuking all our enemies before they nuke us, right? Pakistan is am Islamic nation, why hadn't they nuked us yet?
            This political argument can go Indefinitely without helping or resolving one bankruptcy question on this forum site. Please return to bankruptcy question because the political arguments you are raising most likely will not be resolved except through full scale violent revolution, in which I am not advocating.

Comment

You lost me on the Anti-American bit. You had no issue when Laura flew solo on tax payers dime.

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
              Of course. Why don't Michelle and her economy wrecking husband save for their vacations? Why does Michelle need to fly separate from her anti-American husband to the $15,000/night resorts they frequent...all on the taxpayers' dime?

Comment

That is the problem. People used their homes to fund a lifestyle that they could not pay with cash. They did not live with in their means which is not the fault of POTUS.

Your state could of taken a different direction such as offering vocational instruction as a choice to the ones who do not desire to go to college. The failing school syndrome is more at fault at the home level. Parents need to take responsibility with their children. There are far more successful schools when parents are involved.

Maybe tough love is needed to cut off the surplus federal funding.

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                In part, certainly. If people don't have work because of the economic policies and are buying necessities on credit; if the value of their homes has shrunk 40%, it's easy to become overextended.

Poured millions, multiples of millions, of federal government money, your money, into failing school systems in an effort to educate children, the parents of whom couldn't care less if they are educated or not; whether they drop out or not; whether they become pregnant or not; whether they do drugs or not.

It hasn't worked. The kids, almost invariably, become what their parents were and the cycle repeats itself, only on a larger scale with each generation.

You think so?

I know exactly what it means. 60 cents of every dollar of income in Mississippi is some kind of government transfer payment. It is definitely a net tax consumer. No argument there.

As far as I am concerned, California residents and everyone else can keep their money. It wouldn't affect me personally. But you'd need to steel yourself for the shots on CNN that would certainly be coming that would look like scenes from Ethiopia.

Comment

Israel can take care of itself. They also have hundreds of nukes. If Iran manages to launch one at Israel, Syria and Lebanon would be collateral damage from the nuke fall off. If Iran ever threatened the world with Nukes, would not sit well with their allies, China and Russia. Israel in the meantime, can be a honest broker and finally settle the Palestine issue.

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                  YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!! Anyone pops one of those off, it's all over for the World. Do you think a nuke in Tel-Aviv would stop only at one? NY and LA and Jacksonville will be lit up as well as Paris, Berlin and on. Numerous Countries will freak out and take advantage of winning first. What a ludicrous post.

I cannot deny the facts you bring forth. I agree with you completely. However I belong to the ABO party. (Anyone But Obama) Leaves me one question: What makes you think Obama will not declare himself as president for life as other dictators have done. (Study the rise of Hitler). One emergency as mentioned above and Martial Law, the Constitution set aside. 'Hub

Comment

What makes you think Obama will not declare himself as president for life as other dictators have done. (Study the rise of Hitler). One emergency as mentioned above and Martial Law, the Constitution set aside. 'Hub

This has to be the most moronic post I believe I've ever seen on this site.You have to be devoid of any sense of reality to believe this is even a remote possibility.
                    I'll bookmark it and should Obama loose I'll certainly bring it back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                      Clinton rode the dot com bubble until it burst.
                      Yep, but Clinton didn't have much to do with the dot com bubble because it was technology driven while housing was driven by cheap money due to the fed (not necessarily Bush's fault) keeping interest rates low and then Banks giving that money away.

Comment

It's not the person or their ideals who holds the office......it's politics, its the party, the efforts of a significant few to instill their wants and needs upon the masses in order to achieve their personal goals. If you look at any law written today, it contains something designed to financially benefit the select few or creates the opportunity for the select few to enrich themselves. It works, how many Lobbiest are active in the USA today?

Power and Prestige, engrained in mans traits since time began. I do not believe that our founding fathers could have imagined a government as we have today....what ever happened to a government created "Of the people, By the people"?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                          Well here in FL I don't see anything going up but prices. Oh yes, the amount of empty houses and for sale signs. Perhaps the new member stats may even be wrong. If you are so broke and don't have a house, maybe not even a computer to join the bk forum? I have noted many new names here but have not searched stats. I can see obvious problems every time I ride into town. Stores smaller inventory, many going under. I personally see no improvement as our fuel and food prices rise.

I wonder if stats can be pulled from PACER. That would be a better clue to what is going on. Your broadcast news of course is being manufactured and may no be factual. 'Hub
                          Plus keep in mind that maybe there were a lot of spammers to account for that $10K in 2010 as opposed to $4K in 2011. I notice waves in spammers for other things like email. Sometimes I get flooded awhile then they stop awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
                            What makes you think Obama will not declare himself as president for life as other dictators have done. (Study the rise of Hitler). One emergency as mentioned above and Martial Law, the Constitution set aside. 'Hub

This has to be the most moronic post I believe I've ever seen on this site.You have to be devoid of any sense of reality to believe this is even a remote possibility.
                            I'll bookmark it and should Obama loose I'll certainly bring it back to life.
                            I came across plenty of liberal moonbats who were absolutely convinced that Bush would declare marshall law and try to be President for life. If you are really politically inspired in a certain direction, then the opposite party being in power just makes you paranoid. I figure I survived Clinton, I can survive Obama. He will most likely be reelected as there's no Republican with equal or greater charisma (which really tends to predict with certainty who will win as the independents obvs don't think about political ideology enough to care about more than who smiles and looks like the best guy to have a beer with) yet he won't win by a landslide. I think landslides died with the election of Bush Sr. And, although it will surely piss off the Obama supporters commenting here, I don't see our economy coming back to solid strength until about a year after he's replaced by a Republican in 2016. That is unless we can have a Republican Congressional sweep like what happened under Clinton.

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
                              Israel can take care of itself. They also have hundreds of nukes. If Iran manages to launch one at Israel, Syria and Lebanon would be collateral damage from the nuke fall off. If Iran ever threatened the world with Nukes, would not sit well with their allies, China and Russia. Israel in the meantime, can be a honest broker and finally settle the Palestine issue.
                              Jacko, I don't believe it. We agree on something.

Iran has no plans to attack anyone with any nuclear weapons it developes, even assuming it intends to develope them.

The power of nuclear weapons is not in the using them, it's in the having them. The Israelis don't fear Iranian nukes because they think the Iranians would use them. They fear the Iranian nukes because just the fact that Iran has them would destroy Israeli hegemony in the middle east.
                              Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

As long as we're mixing BK and politics, here's a question for y'all:

Universal health care would cause bankruptcies to:
                                A. Increase
                                B. Decrease
                                C. Stay about the same

Which one would you pick, and why? Discuss.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X