top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ch 7 - Motion for Discovery after 341 and Discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    Well, 'Hub can tell you all about a Rule 2004 examination! I still think that it's related to the sale of the business interest and you should be just fine if all your papers are in order.
    Is it possible the trustee will determine that the petitioner did not receive a fair price for his share of the business and go after the ex-partner?
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
      Is it possible the trustee will determine that the petitioner did not receive a fair price for his share of the business and go after the ex-partner?
      That is exactly my theory on this 2004B Examination.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It seems that the third-party law firm that the bankruptcy trustee hired is interested in the sale of the business and why it was sold. It depends on when the business was sold prior to the bankruptcy filing of whether or not they will go after it. Did your bankruptcy lawyer see any problems with the sale? Usually, if it was sold two years or longer before filing bankruptcy they wouldn't bother. If it was six months prior to filing bankruptcy it arises the question if you knew that you were planning on filing bankruptcy at the time of the sale of the business.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X