Government contractor-issued travel card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government contractor-issued travel card

Does anyone have any experience of trying to get one of these POST-BK?

Hubby has the chance at a GS job and the job bulletin states: You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment.

Help! Are they hard to get? Anyone know what bank issues them? His current mid-score is 700 and we will be a year out of BK during the closing date of this job bulletin. We have re-established good credit post BK.

Thanks!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Not quite sure what "contractor-issued" means unless that's referring to the bank. I'm currently a Federal GS employee and got my travel card after getting hired and filing for Chapter 7. They are currently issued by US Bank and there are two options. If you don't want your credit checked you can request a "restricted" card which has a credit limit of $2,300 and does not allow cash advances. If you want the unrestricted card they will check your credit. If your husband will be traveling a great deal then the $2,300 would not be adequate based on how "quickly" reimbursement occurs. I only travel once or twice a year so the lower limit for the restricted card works for me.

Bottom line is I think that language may be a little outdated since they do offer the option of rejecting a credit check and still getting a card, so I can't imagine a scenario where one couldn't obtain a travel card. Good luck to Hubby! Feel free to PM me if you have other specific questions.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Basically what this all means is that your hubby will need to be able to obtain and keep a travel credit card as a part of his employment as it is and will be based on his credit. I do not know what the stipulations are if he cannot due to bad credit, BK, etc. If he cannot get the card through the lender they use, he may not get the position as you indicate above it is a condition of employment.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thanks Bob and Flamingo. It is what I thought.

The job opening is just nearer my family back east and isn't a desperate need for employment as hubby is employed in an equivalent income/bennies/job security position here.

I appreciate the info. We shall see what happens!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X