1099 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 Help

Hello all. I know I have to call my lawyer on Monday, but I was wondering if anyone could help me sleep better this weekend?

Ch7 BK Nov 2008 House was not surrendered but no reaffirmation agreement was signed.

Feb 2009 Discharged but not closed

Mar 2009, changed mind about house, contacted lawyer and amended case.

May 2009 case was closed

March 2011 house finally foreclosed on.

I just received a 1099 stating that I was responsible for the debt. Since I never signed the reaffirmation agreement, and I surrended the house in the BK, who do I contact this to get this corrected?

Just to clarify box5 was checked.

Comment

Is this a 1099-A or a 1099-C?
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

1099-a

Comment

1099-a, no action required assuming we are talking about your primary residence.

It does not need to be corrected, a 1099-A is the reporting document used to inform the IRS that a sale of real estate took place. If the residence was your primary residence (e.g. home), there is nothing you need to do. If it was an investment property, then you have to go through the whole process of figuring out if there was a taxable gain on the sale. (e.g. capital gain).

Comment

This document has all the ugly details

IRS Pub 4681
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X