12,000 debt @ $12/hr in Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotsa Grats, 12!
    Keep us posted on how you are doing with the other issues. We'll do our best to support you and perhaps you can help support the next poster with similar issues.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by 12000debt View Post
      I've been having trouble sleeping the past couple years. I'm taking an OTC sleeping aid (Melatonin).
      I'm an insomniac as well. I use Zaleplon - it works great. (It is a Schedule IV Rx, but most regular physicians will proscribe it for you - you just need to say that the OTC stuff just doesn't seem to work all the time, or if you're man, that you have a bad prostate.) I didn't think Melatonin did much for me. I take an anti-depressant (Amitriptyline) for my tinnitus, and it has a nice calming effect that helps me sleep as well.

I know the night before my 341 meeting, I needed a double Zaleplon to get knocked out!

Comment

Zero debt@$12/hour in Illinois.

Got my discharge papers today.

Many thanks to this forum.

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

I've been sleeping well the past month to 6 weeks.

No more sleeping aid for me!

Comment

When you're digging yourself out, no matter what your balances are, it's important to maintain your mental and emotional reserves. That could mean getting with some type of group for support. Gambler's Anonymous may be worth a try; that rush you get from gaming may be a way of medicating your financial stress away, and you'll need some other type of support to keep you going, especially if you have a physically/mentally demanding job. As was said earlier, it really is good that your debt isn't huge. With some smart budgeting, even at $12/hr, you might be able to dig yourself out in a year or so.

Comment

Listen to the peeps here and you'll find yourself in a better place.

Kudo's!

Comment

55 years old.

90% is consumer credit at 20%+ interest. I went thru thousands in savings during recent unemployment to keep everything current.

I found work I do in a dying industry trending toward temp help for workforce.

Recently (Jan2012) I had an emergency visit for anxiety (didn't know it at the time) resulting in $4,500 bill. Thankfully charity care took care of $3,700.

I'll get health care after a few months at new job.

Bad back, knees, et al. But, I got heart.........I am trying.

Being heavy into animal charity started me to debt. But, things were decent a few years ago. Now, I use my maxed out credit for basic needs.

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.....................

I really hate to file Chapter 7, however.............................

Hello, Gang! Almost 10 years to the day I have returned to update my original post.

I am now 65 years old. Semi-retired since Feb2021........working 22-25 hours weekly for whatever SS allows me to earn, plus I was able to keep my employer healthcare until Medicare kicked in. Along with SS I get a 25 year pension from a 1975-1999 job, as well as aforementioned W-2 earnings.

Been totally debt free since bankruptcy in 2012. $12,000 sure isn't a lot, but it might as well been a million back then. My partner of 20 years then passed away 2 year later. She had lung/bone cancer. It was a brutal death. My cancer was aggressive, but benign. I had been up to almost 3 packs of cigs/day. Then Valentine's day 2015 I simply quit. I could not believe I had the strength. I bought a bicycle and enjoyed a slower pace. Though I've had a couple restarts, I've been smoke free 3 years. I continued to work hard, and save whatever I could. It paid off.

In one month I become a first-time homeowner at age 65........a small Condo with a beautiful view.

Don't struggle like I did. Enjoy the view sooner.

Comment

What an incredible journey and a sad one as well. I wish you the best as you continue along your journey.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                    What an incredible journey and a sad one as well. I wish you the best as you continue along your journey.
                    Vices had total control of me. Smoking, gambling, and keeping alcohol at bay. I couldn't save my partner, but I could attempt to save myself. The good Lord deserves the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by 12000debtx View Post
                      Vices had total control of me. Smoking, gambling, and keeping alcohol at bay. I couldn't save my partner, but I could attempt to save myself. The good Lord deserves the credit.
                      I can't say that I know the struggle, but I can surely emphasize as I have had close family and friends that have had similar life challenges. Keep up the prayer and know that you are among friends here at BKForum.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am sorry you lost your partner to cancer. I am sure she is proud smiling down at you/your success!! It's wonderful you have been able to take advantage of that second chance BK offers us. You give me inspiration as I am finishing up BK 13 slightly older than you were for your BK 7. I have sometimes felt like I will be too old to reap the benefits--why didn't I do this sooner?! You are doing a GREAT job! Thank you for returning with the update.
                        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X