No announcement yet.

Who did you use for Debtor Education?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Who did you use for Debtor Education?

We are about ready to take our post filing Debor Education course. I was wondering who everyone used and how much it was for a joint filing? Can everyone respond with the name of the website and URL along with what it cost you? I did a search and the most relevant information I could find was from 2006. I'm sure there could be more updated sites out there.
    Thanks.
    Filed 09/08/10, $26k unsecured. Plan submitted 09/16/10, $250/mo X 36 Months = $9,000.
    First Payment: 09/28/10 341 Hearing: 10/12/10, Confirmation: 10/28/10
    2nd debtor education course taken: 02/05/13. DISCHARGE: 10/10/2013.

Here is who I used cost was $10.95, I think someone posted another site that charged a dollar or 2 less but can't remember.

http://www.academyoffinancialliteracy.com/default.asp
    Filed: 10/29/2011 Chapter 7
    341: Scheduled for December 19, 2011

Comment

found the other site someone posted, said it was $9

http://www.9DollarDebtEducation.com
      Filed: 10/29/2011 Chapter 7
      341: Scheduled for December 19, 2011

Comment

First and foremost - before you enroll in the course, make sure it is certified and your trustee accepts it; it does vary state to state / trustee to trustee on what they accept.

That being said - we used hummingbird as it was the cheapest for a joint filing course. Plan a few hours to finish it as if you click too fast, you'll have to start all over again. I believe (as with most online certs) you must allot 10-15 minutes per question before clicking to the next one.

Comment

I used beadviser.com, they are $11 per person. They are approved in every state I think (not every provider is), but you can see the full approved list of debtor ed providers at justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/de_approved.htm to make sure. There were cheaper options, but my attorney said they are the best. I can vouch for it, I had an easy experience with them.

Comment

I used Hummingbird it was around $16 for me and my wife.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X