top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Through no fault of mine I think I'll need to BK (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend, all above info given is very well. The first thing to think of is your own self. Your health is the only asset that you need. Other things are only "things", and things are of no meaning.

Do all as advised as I could not tell you better than our "family" has. The park owner will get his in time. Called Karma of course. OR, what goes around, comes around. Kill him with kindness. Evil cannot stand that.

Take anything you wish from the house that was not purchased with the house. It is not wrong unless attached permanently as in a central air. Best to you and improve your life starting tonight. Go forth and conquer. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Like others may have mentioned, if you have any other unsecured debt (credit cards, personal loans, medical bills, etc.), you need to stop paying on it once you have made the decision to file:

(1) Because ALL debt has to be included on your bankruptcy petition when you file -and-

(2) If you pay anyone (other than secured debt) over $600 in the 90 days prior to filing, the Trustee could take it back from the creditors you paid (called a preferential payment) and disperse it evenly amongst all your creditors.

I owed my dentist when we filed, so I called his office and explained the situation. I also told them that regardless of my having discharged the debt, that I would pay them as soon as we were discharged because I wanted to keep using them as my dentist. I told them the expected time frame for my discharge and they noted it on my account. They had no problem doing that and I kept my word to them. He is still my dentist today.

Schedule some consults with a few bankruptcy attorneys and picked the one you feel most comfortable with - they may even consent to a phone consult once you explain your health situation.

I am hoping you are doing well today.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thanks keep smiling. Unlike the lowlife that deceived me, I'm a better person. I'm certainly not going to destroy the place at all. I just wanted to see if I could swap out the appliances I've purchased, which are so much nicer than the old crap that was in here when I bought it. The pellet stove was a pricey piece but to sell it the hole for the ductwork would need to be repaired. The $4K in carpet that is still gorgeous and the 21 new energy efficient windows of course would be left.

Comment

ValleYum , thanks. That is good information to know. I really need to get into see a lawyer soon, my pain is the only thing in the way.

Comment

Love avatar! That's exactly what I'm thinking about doing.

Comment

I can't thank each of you enough for your words of wisdom and advice. The kind words are helping me get through this mess. I'm an honest and ethical person but dealing with this jerk has been so very difficult for my physical and mental health. Now I'm convinced that BK is the way to go. A fresh start in every way is exactly what I need. And it occurred to me that after discharged I wil be able to save up enoug money to hire an attorney to sue that jerk. I'm certain that I'm not the only person he's done this to either, I just might be the only one that was smart enough to question what was done. Hopefully, it will put a stop to his clearly deceptive methods for all!

You are the best! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

Comment

Just wanted to update you all. While talking with several BK attorneys I found one who actually wanted to know WHY I was filing since I was current and have good credit. As it turns out he is in a great position to offer his legal experience in real estate law and has offered his services to go after the guy who sold me this place deceptively. No not pro bono, but certainly a very reduced fixed fee. Crossing fingers, saying prayers in hopes that it works out and I won't have to file BK. thanks again.

Comment

thanks great news brattsgirl. i really hope i all works out for you.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

That is great news, brattsgirl! Please keep us posted!
                    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

That sounds like GREAT news! Please keep us posted.
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I hope things work out for you!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X