No announcement yet.

Attorney's and Attorney Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is interesting reading from the Attorney side. May I ask a question, do you expect attorneys to chase you down after the consultation? I've always let people that don't sign on the spot with me think about it on their own, I rarely do follow-ups on clients I don't hear back from. I would feel like an ambulance chaser if I were chasing down clients.
    Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by BKAttyMI View Post
      This is interesting reading from the Attorney side. May I ask a question, do you expect attorneys to chase you down after the consultation? I've always let people that don't sign on the spot with me think about it on their own, I rarely do follow-ups on clients I don't hear back from. I would feel like an ambulance chaser if I were chasing down clients.
      No, I sure didn't expect that. However, one of the three I consulted (the attorney I was least likely to use :-) left about 6 messages on my machine.

Comment

Originally posted by BKAttyMI View Post
        Honestly, kinda. Maybe not in those terms, but I think you should be following up with those that take the time to come in for a consultation. Of course, I have background in marketing and I previously worked for a company that specialized in this. Personally, by following up with an email or letter or even a card that says thanks for coming in for a consultation you are just selling yourself. That's a large part of your business. By following up afterwards it tells me that they are more interested in taking my case and will probably be better at communicating with me throughout the process. I'll bet I could show you how to increase your client base this way. Interested in hiring me?

Comment

Originally posted by lillymarlene View Post
          No, I sure didn't expect that. However, one of the three I consulted (the attorney I was least likely to use :-) left about 6 messages on my machine.
          No that screams a little bit of desperation, but you have to give them credit for at least following up.

Comment

I had consultation #5 today and we may have a winner. Very nice lady and she answered all my questions. I asked her opinion on several things I'd asked the other attorneys just to see where she stood on things. I can't say there was an answer I didn't like. I'm a little confused about what to do about the car, but that's a minor thing. When I walked in I realized there was no receptionist. The attorney came out from one of the offices and introduced herself and was expecting me, even though I was 15 minutes early. Looking back at the email I got from them it was from the other attorney in the office so this might mean that they do everything themselves which is a plus. She asked me what other attorneys I'd seen. First person to ask that and also asked if I wanted to sign a representation agreement. First person to actually ask me that too so it made me feel like they were interested. She has a pretty good sense of humor too which I appreciate. We went over pretty much everything and I think she went a little more in depth into my situation than any of the others had. Her fee is mid-range compared to the others I saw, but I'm thinking it might be worth it.

Comment

I'm glad you think you've found someone KSgirl!! That's great news! I hope it goes well for you and the process is very smooth.

to BKATTYMi----I think one follow up would be important and appropriate, however I think 6 phone messages is too much, but either one email or letter is pretty easy to do and in my opinion it does show that you are on top of things, have good communication with the possible client and care about representing them. As I'm sure you are aware, this is a very hard situation for those of us filing bankruptcy, and for me, it was hard to share my financial "mess" with a stranger. I certainly would not "chase someone down", but one quick email or letter would be a good thing, in my opinion. (not that it matters much!! )
              Last edited by hmsmith; 05-24-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
                I had consultation #5 today and we may have a winner. Very nice lady and she answered all my questions. I asked her opinion on several things I'd asked the other attorneys just to see where she stood on things. I can't say there was an answer I didn't like. I'm a little confused about what to do about the car, but that's a minor thing. When I walked in I realized there was no receptionist. The attorney came out from one of the offices and introduced herself and was expecting me, even though I was 15 minutes early. Looking back at the email I got from them it was from the other attorney in the office so this might mean that they do everything themselves which is a plus. She asked me what other attorneys I'd seen. First person to ask that and also asked if I wanted to sign a representation agreement. First person to actually ask me that too so it made me feel like they were interested. She has a pretty good sense of humor too which I appreciate. We went over pretty much everything and I think she went a little more in depth into my situation than any of the others had. Her fee is mid-range compared to the others I saw, but I'm thinking it might be worth it.
                Glad to hear you found someone you liked!! Good luck!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I haven't officially signed the dotted line or anything. I'm concentrating on moving things over to a new bank account and still trying to unload some stocks, but I'm hoping to be closer to filing by this time next month.

Comment

I think I'm going to send my paperwork into the attorney tomorrow. I'm not sure I'll be able to file shortly after the beginning of July, but we'll see.

Comment

Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

Signed the paperwork today, filing tomorrow. Guess I wait now.

Comment

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
                          Signed the paperwork today, filing tomorrow. Guess I wait now.
                          Tomorrow, you start on your Fresh Start! I am glad for you.
                          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thanks. Guess my 341 meeting is on 8/21. I just got the signed paperwork and date from my attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X