top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 years Post BK and creditor still reporting balance iib. Equifax and CSC - UGGGGGH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 years Post BK and creditor still reporting balance iib. Equifax and CSC - UGGGGGH

Short and simple.

Feb 2011 we were 3 years post BK and tried to buy a house, we had three debts show up with balances due that were iib. Two were Wells Fargo and the other was Verizon Wireless, I disputed the Wells Fargo in March with success and disputed the Verizon in August with success or so I thought.

We ended up not being able to buy a house due to the sale date of the foreclosure being 8-24-2008, thus we would have to wait until 8-24-2012. I switched jobs in June 2011 and put off buying a house until now. Yesterday I went to the local Credit Union and got pre approved again, when they pulled my credit report it showed Verizon posting a $1714 balance as of 04-2012.

Short story here:

Today I pull a triple bureau and find Equifax reporting the $1714 balance on Verizon, last reported on 04-2012. I try to start a dispute online through Equifax and have the most frustrating time trying to accomplish anything, I call and cannot speak to a fricking human at all and getting mad. Finally I find a phone number for Equifax and get a human who cannot help me at all, she then tells me I need to call CSC.

I call CSC and talk with a woman that tells me there is no way to check the previous outcome of a dispute and that I would need to file another dispute that freezes my credit for 30 days (this is a fricking joke, right?) sadly nope it is not. I choose to get this resolved and file another dispute.

I am boiling at this point and decide to call Verizon, I spoke with a very nice lady who helped me look into this. She said that VW did show a ZERO BALANCE, however it was reporting to the Bureau incorrectly. After about 10 minutes she comes back and says she updated the file to show a zero balance and submitted a new report to the bureaus which will take 3-5 days to post.

Was it really that simple? HA.

IF there is ANY company the government needs to regulate it would be these three bureaus.
    *Filed Chp 7 bk 10/03/07 *DISCHARGED 2/4/08!!
    CLOSED 3/24/08 *10-14-08
    FUTURE HERE WE COME

They are heavily regulated but are only a central repository for the lenders. When this scenario happens you have to go to the original creditor to fix if the first fix didn't accomplish.

The bureaus only receive what the creditor sends them and oftentimes it is garbage in equals garbage out.

Less stress to go right to the source of the data for the fix.

Comment

You need to write a letter directly to Verizon. Of course, finding the right address is near impossible. In any case, I was able to write Verizon and have an entry removed. I had to send a bunch of information including my discharge and a letter indicating that they were still posting a balance on my report. In fact, I also copied the letter to the credit bureaus. Two of the three credit bureaus removed it without Verizon's help.

Yes, you do need to go directly to the source in most cases! Otherwise, it will just reappear in another month or so. I'm glad you figured this out.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X