Job Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Offer

A few hours ago, I received a job offer. It's part-time but seasonal for a local marina. I would work long enough to qualify for unemployment over the winter months. I would be doing mainly bookkeeping and customer service work. Most of all, it would be a fun place to work! I really enjoyed the interview process and the others that I met. After hubby and I have been speaking about it, I've decided to take it.

Although, there is the con of only being seasonal, it would give me more updated experience on my resume. I would be learning new accounting software that would also be beneficial. They don't do a credit check and since we just filed, this is a big benefit. I would have to do a drug test but I have no worries there. And, since our 341 is coming up in the next few weeks, I wouldn't be making enough money to make the trustee think we would have to go into a 13.

I am going to call and accept the job on Monday. So excited as this has been a great week for us!!

Sorry mods, I posted this under the wrong forum!

Comment

Great new Tater things are looking up

Comment

Congratulations on the offer! I am glad you are taking it.

Don't worry about where you posted this; it is fine.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

congrats!!!! best of luck
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Woohoo Tater!!!! Good for you!!! Life seems to be on the upswing, eh??
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Awesome!

Guess they liked your resume better than mine!

Comment

Awesome news, good luck and congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

how kewl is that tater...congrats to you. have a great time.
                    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Thanks everyone! I started today and will be getting between 15-20 hours per week until October or November. I have a solid job lead for when this comes to an end though. It was fun and a little overwhelming at the same time. We got our notice for our 341 on July 23rd. When the trustee asks about income, I can honestly say mine has gone down. I will be making a little less than I was on unemployment but I am happy to be working again!

Comment

Very cool...Congrats!

Comment

Tater, don't know if you have kids or not, but I've been dying to say this...
                          congrats to you and the Tots

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Oooooh! That's worthy of Pandora's 'Punnies' thread:

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...-A-few-Punnies...
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Tater.... that's awesome! Funny how things get brighter when you least expect it. KS, you beat me to it
                              Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                              Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X