341 Hearing Done Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Hearing Done Now What?

Had our 341 hearing it went well we filed pro se. Now that thats done i understand everything is discharged in 60 days. When do we do the post bankruptcy credit counseling? Once done do we send the certificate directly to the trustee or to the bankruptcy court? Any info would be appreciated.

I did mine a couple days after my 341. Quick and easy, and knew I had a couple free hours that weekend. I have heard suggestions of not filing it until just before the due date, but mine went in the next day. It was mailed to the court clerks office along with a statement of completion sheet that they had sent me earlier.

Comment

Take the course now. There's no reason to wait.

In addition to the certificate you receive from the course provider, you need to file form B23 with the court clerk. The instructions and deadline are on the form: http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/Rul.../B_23_1210.pdf

Also, check your local court rules to make sure there are no other requirements.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X