Age when you filed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age when you filed?

Hello everyone! I just had my 341 last Monday, my case was so simple it took all of 2 minutes if that...the trustee sounded as if he didn't even want to bother asking me the questions.

Well, I filed in January. My question is how "young" were you when you filed? I'm 20 years old, I've had credit for all of two years. Truth is, I could have filed last spring/summer when I was 19 yet.

During my first consultation with the attorney he asked me how old I was...I said twenty, and there was this huge silence...that same silence was there when the trustee asked me last week.

I honestly feel like a bankruptcy at a very early age is good for me. Does anyone know why this is? Because I don't

I was 36.
    Filed Chapter 7 (Medical Bills) - 12/16/04
    341 Meeting - 1/28/05 | Discharged - 3/31/05 | Case Closed, No Assets - 7/5/05
    Update 2/15/11 - Still totally debt-free except for the mortgage, which we're paying down quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by jetset
      I honestly feel like a bankruptcy at a very early age is good for me. Does anyone know why this is? Because I don't
      NOTE: I am not a lawyer...any advice I give is for entertainment purposes only. Legal questions should be directed to competent counsel. I am just a troll. Or a Toad.

Comment

Well I'm 21, haven't filed yet nor decided if I will wait till after college to just pay off whatever is not under the statute of limitations. There are plenty of people that are young that file bankruptcy I'm sure. It's really tough for students to control their money enough as it is, especially when credit cards are giving tons of credit to them.

Just make sure you learn the lesson, sure it is probably good that you can file fairly early because about the time it comes off your credit report you will be 30 so in most cases you'll still be just getting going really well with whatever it is you are doing.

Just make sure you don't keep making the same mistakes as you did the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by no_it_all
          Through rationalization, the behavior becomes a "good" behavior since I will probably "learn a lot" from this, etc, etc, etc,..........This helps create less anxiety for the person.
          That's exactly what I tell myself. Among other things ..."better now than when I'm accomplished (homeowner, family, etc...)

adam

Comment

Comment

And jetset, you asked in your original post why it's good to learn this lesson early in life. The reason is that now you'll have the rest of your long life to make darned sure you NEVER find yourself here again! Trust me, it's no fun to find out 11 years from retirement that you're financially wiped out with no ability to put anything more away for five more years (we're Ch 13). I see a lot of years after 65 with my husband and I saying, "Will you have fries with that?" just so we can pay for life's necessities - forget the luxuries, that's for sure.

You have a great chance to take these hard financial lessons to heart and do everything possible to make sure you never, ever find yourself in this situation again!
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Comment

Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                  Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

I will be 34 when I file in July
                    Filed: 08/09/06
                    341: 09/18/06
                    Discharged: 11/22/06
                    Closed 11/30/06

Comment

Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
                      Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Way too old to be doing this--42! Need industrial strength estrogen now that I am extra grouchy

jane
                        Filed: 2/24/2006
                        341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                        Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

If I didn't have anything to worry about, I would worry about that...
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Filed CH 13: 6/16/06

Comment

Comment

I am also 34 and just filed in April. My 341 is next week and I am starting to feel sick to my stomach about it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X