PACER Fees are Changing 7/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER Fees are Changing 7/1

Was researching NC for some one else and stumbled onto this posting at the NC Western District Website.

PACER Fees are going up. Here's a link:

http://www.ncwb.uscourts.gov/pdf/epublicaccess.pdf

It's gonna be even tougher to not run up a huge bill if you surf PACER to learn about BK.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Oh, great! I've run up a $40 bill already and decided to stop at that, luckily. But, I must say, it was worth it to check out my potential lawyer before I sign a retainer.

Okay, the 8 cents a page is staying, but what the heck does this mean?

"For every search of court records conducted by the PACER Service Center, $26 per name
    or item searched."
    Last edited by anonymuse; 06-09-2006, 05:45 AM.
    *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

There's a pdf document detailing the change at http://www.ndb.uscourts.gov/ens/0607...eeschedule.pdf
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by anonymuse
        Oh, great! I've run up a $40 bill already and decided to stop at that, luckily. But, I must say, it was worth it to check out my potential lawyer before I sign a retainer.

Okay, the 8 cents a page is staying, but what the heck does this mean?

"For every search of court records conducted by the PACER Service Center, $26 per name
        or item searched."
        I wonder if that means if you have the PACER Service Center do the search, there will be a $26 charge. Surely it doesn't mean we'd have to pay $26 for each name we search.

I did the same thing you did, Anon. I looked up every attny we Consulted with. Wanted to see how long they'd been practicing, how many cases filed, etc. Sadly, I spent way more than $40.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I don't know if it is everywhere or just here but the court here in OR also has a 24 hr voice recorded system that is updated every 2 hrs and it is free. you might look into it for checking your status over and over saved me a ton
          filed 2/6/2006:aggress:

last day for objections 5/12/2006:yes2:

discharged 5/25/2006:yahoo: :clapping:

closed 5/25/2006 :yahoo: :yahoo: :angel: :clapping:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X