top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your landlord notified if you file BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your landlord notified if you file BK?

Hi, me again. Havnet posted for a while.

I am still considering and wavering on filing bk, mostly becasue i dont have the money to even think about filing I would be a non asset caes anyway as i am a low income worker and own nothing of value no stocks, not even anything in my saving acct and i drive a 16 yr old vehicle. The reason i would file is because of unpaid credit cards, of course, four years worth. I also am just kind of waiting for the SOL maybe?? so far, no one has tried to sue, just collection letters. My main question now, is I am a renter, i rent my apartment. I have been in my current apt. for over 3 yrs. It is also so- called low income housing. I am wondering if i file bk, is my apt. complex notififed? I have never missed a rental payment here or anywhere else, never been evicted, etc . When i moved in my credit wasnt stellar and i had to pay an extra deposit, and i dont think apts look at your credit report every time you renew. just worried that they will be notified if i file bk, and can they evict me? I have never hear of this buut you never know and escpecially since it is low income housing, although i dont know why that would make a difference...???

No, the apartment complex will not receive notice of your bankruptcy unless you list them as a creditor (i.e. owe back rent) or put them on the mailing matrix.

However, since you have not been sued, and don't have any real estate which creditors could place a lien on, I fail to see what you gain filing for bankruptcy now. In fact, you are better off to NOT file, and instead wait until you are sued, which may never happen. If you file for bankruptcy now, you won't be able to file again for another 8 years, and a lot can happen in 8 years, such as a medical emergency, a car accident which exceeds your policy limits, etc. If you wait to file, you will have that relief available to you, should you need it later.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X