Credit Krama Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Krama Report

I filed chapter 7 and have been notified of my case number and 341 date earlier this week.
    Today I looked at my Credit Krama report. I was surprise to see my credit score at 627, but I have read that this is not accurate.
    Credit Krama listed all my debts but failed to list two CC debt I declared. I wonder if this is just an oversight on their part or is it possible those two CC's are not listed on my petition.

I use CK for informational purposes but my CK score is 50 points lower than my lender pull so all it is good for, to me, is to see if it changes for some reason. I don't trust their info as far as my accounts go. Just get your free credit reports for that. Their info is rarely fully accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by nioka View Post
      I filed chapter 7 and have been notified of my case number and 341 date earlier this week.
      Today I looked at my Credit Krama report. I was surprise to see my credit score at 627, but I have read that this is not accurate.
      Credit Krama listed all my debts but failed to list two CC debt I declared. I wonder if this is just an oversight on their part or is it possible those two CC's are not listed on my petition.
      Well, there's one surefire way to see if the 2 cc accounts are listed on your petition. Look at your petition. Are they on there or not?

Comment

More than likely just an oversight not being listed on credit report. Be glad they aren't there but they could show up now because the lender is going to get notified of your filing. Not a big deal in the big scheme of things.

Comment

keepmine,

I have an attorney. I was not given a copy of my petition. I do remember making sure all my creditors were listed on the petition and even added one that was closed just to make sure. I believe my petition was filed electronically. The two missing CC's are from the same bank as my mortgage. The mortgage amount is listed.

Monday I will check with his assistant.

Comment

Credit Karma has nothing to do with BK. It's third-party credit reporting, they use their scoring system, and any accounts listed are usually slow to report, and info on accounts is not always what's on your actual reports. If you want to know what's on your reports, get your free annuals from annualcreditreport.com, or of you've had your freebies within a year, pay for them directly with the CRA's, not the monitoring services.

If you didn't have copies of your credit reports prior to filing, you have no way of knowing if the two accounts were on there at all, or if they just dropped off. Just because you listed something on your petition, doesn't mean any credit reporting agency will pick that up. Public record info, such as a BK, judgment, or tax lien, is picked up by companies such as LexisNexis and reported to the CRAs, the courts do not report. Individual account info is reported by the creditors themselves, and they choose what to report and when, and after BK, is sometimes not correct.

My attorney does not give copies of petitions until the 341 meeting, possibly, because he has many clients on payment plans, with final payment due at the 341 (not usual.) I downloaded mine from Pacer, the day it was filed.

Comment

Thanks to all for the posts.

PJMax,

I did download my CR just prior to stopping all payments, Dec 2013. All was accurate.

I am due a free CR for 2014 but thought it best to wait until after my discharge to pull it.

I paid my attorney fees up front.

Comment

Thanks to all for the posts.

PJMax,

I did download my CR just prior to stopping all payments, Dec 2013. All was accurate.

I am due a free CR for 2014 but thought it best to wait until after my discharge to pull it.

I paid my attorney fees up front.
                Did you get all 3 reports prior? Keep them handy, sometimes things pop up months later that shouldn't, or dates change, etc. If you have pre-BK reports, it makes it easier to get reports corrected. Although some folks have started correcting reports before discharge, I waited until after discharge to get my 3 reports and start the cleanup. I wasn't in a big hurry for any reason, I just watched the free services, CreditKarma, CreditSesame and Credit.com, more out of curiosity than anything. CreditKarma was daily at the time, and between filing and discharge, the reports changed constantly. For some, after discharge, reports are all updated correctly, 0 balance, included in BK, for others, not so much.

Comment

keepmine,

I have an attorney. I was not given a copy of my petition. I do remember making sure all my creditors were listed on the petition and even added one that was closed just to make sure. I believe my petition was filed electronically. The two missing CC's are from the same bank as my mortgage. The mortgage amount is listed.

Monday I will check with his assistant.
                  My petition was filed electronically as well. Before I left the office, I asked for {and received} a copy of everything that was filed.
                  This stuff is important-get copies.

Comment

I recently checked my free credit report and found that the home equity loan, which is current (and always has been) is being shown as closed with no payments received after Sept 2013. It is not marked as late, just doesn't show any current payments. On mine it does show the balance due. On my husband report it shows as closed with a zero balance. I sent in a dispute for both of us since it is the other thing we are paying, I would like to get credit for it.
                    Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Originally posted by jange View Post
                      I recently checked my free credit report and found that the home equity loan, which is current (and always has been) is being shown as closed with no payments received after Sept 2013. It is not marked as late, just doesn't show any current payments. On mine it does show the balance due. On my husband report it shows as closed with a zero balance. I sent in a dispute for both of us since it is the other thing we are paying, I would like to get credit for it.
                      Many creditors stop reporting your account to credit agency while you are in BK because they don't want to violate the automatic stay. There is nothing you can do to force them to report your current payments. Reporting to the credit agencies is optional.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

But why would they show the account as closed? They reported from 2010 through Sept 2013 and then stopped. It has been IIB for a while now.
                        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X