top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what level of "details" is expected or common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what level of "details" is expected or common?

For listing personal property that will be exempted, for example lets say clothing; will 25 t-shirts valued $200 will be normal or do you list each individual t-shirt giving brand, size and age? Same question with books, 70 books fiction and non fiction (all older than 5 years) valued at $350 or again individually.......just was wondering, thanks

On mine, it was "clothing $150".

I believe you are far overvaluing your stuff for the purposes of BK, by the way. Think garage sale prices. A quarter a book. 25 shirts is probably $50, but to be honest I just pulled that number out of thin air. It's not what you paid for it, it's clearance prices for used stuff.

If you want examples, go on pacer and download a petition or two. Some people are more precise than others. The trustee is just looking to see if you have stuff he can sell. Trust me when I say he doesn't give two flips about your shirts. Armani suits may be an exception.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I agree with TX, you are way overvaluing your stuff. All of my clothing might have hit $200, my $1500 lawnmower was listed at $200 etc. You
      need to think along the old term "fire sale" which means selling items at a low cost in order to quickly move them.

Comment

Just to add to the chorus: You are over valuing your stuff. Good luck selling your used t-shirts for $8 each.

General groupings are fine unless you have specific items of particular value like a designer suit worth $10,000. Is there such a thing?
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Resale shops pay 1 dollar a shirt, 1-2 bucks for pants. Don't over value. Think garage sale or fire sale.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X