top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happens to judgements after the discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens to judgements after the discharge?

just wondering as I have a bunch of them in Fl and they are listed on sunbiz and also recorded in the county where the foreclosures took place. A lot of them are against me and another person so does the judgment get reissued with just the other person on it or does nothing happen?

I don't know. If these are judgment liens, it depends upon what they attach. If it's something that is otherwise exempt, then the lien is void or you can motion to void the lien in the bankruptcy. You could try to send a copy of the discharge to the lien creditor (the lender that filed the liens) and let them know of the discharge and ask them to file a satisfaction or otherwise remove the judgment.

If you are filing through an attorney, make sure that you inform the attorney if these are judgment liens (since they appear to be recorded). If there is no property in Florida for them to attach to, they may be worthless, but I'd make sure they get cleaned up and (marked as) satisfied or voided.

They read like deficiency judgments.

Is this a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

ch 7 and yes its a pile of deficiency judgments.........but some of the other guarantors haven't filed yet or may not be

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X