credit report confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit report confusion

I filed for BK july 8th. discharged oct.28th.
    I ordered printed /mailed CR's the 1st part of oct so I could prepare for any disputes I may need.
    most BK accounts were reporting correctly, "0" balance , IIB.

BUT this week I decided to get a quick 3-in-1 report (from equifax), so I could get a gauge on what they are reporting as to my FICO scores.
    THEN I noticed many of the accounts were reading 30-150 days late!!!! huh?

example: (((from Experian online from 11/17 )))))ACCOUNT DELINQUENT 150 DAYS PAST DUE DATE DEBT INCLUDED IN OR DISCHARGED THROUGH BANKRUPTCY 7, 11, OR 12 LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 10/2014=R9 LAST PAID

it also lists being a charge off in october

now aren't the late payments supposed to be STOPPED once you file BK?
    the account above had its last payment in may, 30 days late would have been in july, but my BK was filed.
    so how can they say it is NOW 150 days late?

also looking at my Experian report (from oct 9th)there are many different dates of when my BK was filed for each account. some from july 8th to sept 7th. how on earth does that happen.

now all this new stuff is on an online report, ( figured I didn't need another mailed report)
    why is it giving me more detailed info than the mailed report, which i read all the time those are the better ones?

so now what,? can I dispute this info online/phone instead of mailing? or just stick to the mail route.

been reading this forum for months & thought i was prepared,, *ha*

This is a good example of why it is important to request copies of your credit reports 30 days or more AFTER discharge.

No creditor should report a late payment for the period after you filed BK. Why do they anyway? Because too many people let them get away with it.

Each credit reporting agency has instructions on its website on how to dispute incorrect reporting. You can file disputes online, by mail or on the phone. I suggest doing it online or by mail so you will have an immediate written record of the dispute. Keep copies of everything you submit and all correspondence regarding the dispute. In your disputes, include your case number, date of filing and your date of discharge. Hopefully, the creditors will correct the report. If they don't, follow up with letters to the creditors threatening to sue them for violation of the FCRA if they don't remove the post-filing delinquencies from your report. Again, keep copies of everything. Log any calls you have with creditors. If they are unwilling to fix the error, your documentation and call logs will be evidence in your case against them.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 11-18-2014, 04:33 PM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X