Homeowner insurance question in light of BK & foreclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GO FOR IT.
    If only you were in NJ, my attorney would be delighted to represent you.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
      GO FOR IT.
      If anyone knows any lawyers in PA that would be willing to take on Chase, sue them for harassment, willful malfeasance, criminal mischief, violation of conditions of the HAMP act (which is what my mortgage modification is under), bad breath, anything that might stick, please post in this thread or shoot me a PM.

Even if I don't get a single solitary cent out of this I want them to pay somehow/someway through fines, bad publicity, etc. To quote the '70's movie "Network" I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!
      Well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.

Comment

Originally posted by KevFinnerty View Post
        In the meantime if anyone can save me some much valuable time and steer me in the direction of how to learn about issues connected with getting a home insurance policy I would appreciate it.
        I have preached this so many times I can't believe it. Let Chase's insurance cancel. It already is anyway; yet you keep beating this dead horse. It is beating you up instead.

Stop that and go to your local independent insurance agent and talk to them and see what they can do for you. They will take your information and shop around for a best fit for you and your situation. They represent several different companies.

Be prepared to go in person and spend time there--at least an hour or two. This is not something you can do online or over the telephone. [Trust me cell phone batteries don't last that long.]

Each company's underwriters have a different set of questions that they ask, and they have a little bit different situations that they will not insure. One of which is the BK. Some companies will not insure at all; others require 5 years to pass since a Ch7 discharge.

Here is a link to the Cat Household Insurance saga of 2009. My rant starts with post#6:

Come February 2013, I get to do this again!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
          GO FOR IT.
          keep, i' know you are directing that at Kev...but our property is in nj. we rec'd a letter from some company saying they represent the OCC with a law suit on chase...but if they did, it would be from an atty. i haven't call the OCC yet, to see if they really rep them to after chase.

so, your atty is suing chase???? our property is or was in northern nj. wonder if he coudl help us????? wonder wonder wonder.

i don't know what we could sue them for, other than the loss of our house for not completing our HAMP loan mod...it was with them for over 18 months and we hand delivered everything, so they never said they didn't have a doc..as they did with so many others. while our mortgage was in their refi loan dept., they filed a summons for the foreclosure and so the story goes.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hey - a happy update for a change...

Finally got to talk to my insurance agent, this is not Chase's fault this time. I was getting all fired up over nothing (well not exactly - they DID do this again back in October but not this time).

Turns out that the underwriter at the insurance company had some kind of brain fart. This did get cleared up back in October but for an unknown reason they went ahead now and issued this "your policy is canceled" notice. They are retracting it.

To Kat, sorry to read about your insurance saga, I looked at that thread. My God that is CRAZY. I didn't know it was that bad down in FLA trying to get home insurance.

I was fearful that being recently in BK it was going to be a hassle getting a new policy though, something I did not want to go through. This wasn't "Chase's policy" that was getting canceled though, as Kat referred to it - it is MY policy. Chase has nothing to do with it other than the fact that they pay it out of my escrow fund every year. I got this policy when I first bought the house in '92, Chase didn't even "service" my mortgage back then.
            Well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.

Comment

Hi Kev:

It is great that you are finally getting some GOOD news.

I perhaps made a misstatement when I said "Chase's policy"; I actually meant that it was yours, but because it was paid for out of your Escrow account, that's why I termed it "Chase's policy.

When we had our mortgage, and I was asked if I wanted my property taxes and insurance paid out of escrow, I said, "absolutely NOT". I wanted to be able to control what is paid and when. I did not want to be dependent on some clerk in some office somewhere else--not necessarily in my county--making payments (or not) for my property.

That just did not seem to be in my best interest. And it still does not to me, the more I read scenarios like the above three pages.

Good wishes to All.
              Last edited by AngelinaCat; 12-11-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

EXCELLENT!!!!!
                Hopefully all good from here on in

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Hi KS

Comment

Love ya AC!