Health Insurance for pre-existing conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health Insurance for pre-existing conditions

I was just recently saw this on the local news. For people who can't get health insurance due to pre-existing conditions and who do NOT qualify for their state's Medicaid program, there is a health insurance program for them.

You have to apply for Medicaid through your state first and get a rejection letter BEFORE you can apply for this insurance.

It varies from state to state, and it is NOT free, but it might be worth looking into if you can't find coverage any other way, and you're tired of waiting in long lines at the free or reduced cost health clinics at your local county hospitals...

This website is for sale! pciplan.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, pciplan.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Thanks for the link. Just a word of caution, there is a out of pocket deductible $6,000-7,000 depending on state you reside in before full coverage kicks in.

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
    I was just recently saw this on the local news. For people who can't get health insurance due to pre-existing conditions and who do NOT qualify for their state's Medicaid program, there is a health insurance program for them.

You have to apply for Medicaid through your state first and get a rejection letter BEFORE you can apply for this insurance.

It varies from state to state, and it is NOT free, but it might be worth looking into if you can't find coverage any other way, and you're tired of waiting in long lines at the free or reduced cost health clinics at your local county hospitals...

http://www.pciplan.com/applicants/states/AZ.asp

Comment

Jeez! Thanks for pointing that out.

The local t.v. news didn't even bother to mention it.
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by tombishop
        yeah some time it really disappoints you but you have to be patient while facing that.
        Thanks SO MUCH for that oh so helpful insight.
        Mods, these guys always come out in the middle of the night. Little do they know some of us regulars are also night owls. Or that we are mild mannered reporters by day, but by night, we are .... Anti Spam Man!!!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

A STRONG WARNING ABOUT THAT SITE, and others like it:

It is NOT the US Government site. The ONLY sites that can administer the government plan are the government site, and a list of approved brokers, which can be found on the govt site. If they are not listed there, they could be mock-up, fake, scamming sites that are designed to look like the real deal. They are NOT. They will, if they can, get you into a plan that will benefit only them, be high-risk, high deductible, and very expensive.

Now, they COULD be a legit reseller or broker, but the way to find out is here:

The REAL government plan site is:

Note the similarities between the copycat site and the gov site.

The highest deductibles in the real govt plan are $3,000 for out of network coverage, and $2,000 for in network coverage. There is an option for a $1000 deductible, as well.

I am going on this plan, myself, later this month. I was turned down for coverage due to a pre-existing condition. The requirements for coverage include

1. A denial letter from an insurance company in the previous six months for coverage,

OR

2. A note from a doctor, documenting a pre-existing condition or disability

3. You have to have been uninsured for 6 months before applying.

If you have any questions, make sure you are on the actual government site https://www.pcip.gov/ to get real answers. There are SOME brokers who are allowed to sell the govt plans, but there are an awful lot of fly-by-nighters, as well.
          11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
          12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
          3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X