Homeowners Claim after Bankruptcy on a Ride thru Mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeowners Claim after Bankruptcy on a Ride thru Mortgage

Ok so we filed Chapter 7 in 2009. We had a first and 2nd mortgages. Our house value is under water. We have continued paying our first and haven't made any payments on the 2nd in 5 years. We don't even hear from them any longer. Of course we realize they still hold interest in the property.

Anyways we recently had a huge insurance claim and will require endorsements on the insurance proceeds to restore the property. Does anyone have any experience in this area? It sounds like a pain and we wonder if the 2nd mortgage has any interest to play nice anyways. Especially since they haven't been paid a dime in 5 years.

I don't have any experience with this. But, with auto insurance claims, the insurance company will pay the repair shop without involving the lienholder. I wonder if the insurance company would pay your contractor directly.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Unfortunately I know this is not the case. The claim will be a monitored claim with multiple inspections, similar to a construction draw process. The claim is in excess of 70k

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X