Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting tomorrow

Needless to say, I am worried. The usual jitters, I guess....but

I have this one issue....the second car. I tried to give it away 2 years ago. But, the guy who said he would take never did. It stayed registered in my name and insured. Until 2 months ago. I could not pay for the renew registration or keep paying the insurance on it. The guy who was using it was paying for the insurance. But..not any more. I had the plates pulled off and returned to avoid having my license suspended because on uninsured registered car. It has just sat on a farm in Delaware. It needs new brakes (all four), new shocks and struts, the right front wheel bearing needs to be replaced, windsheild replaced, A/C compressor replaced, cat. Converter replaced, tires (all four), it leaks oil and transmission fluid.

Anyway. The guy who was going to take has abandoned it. The glove box is empty. It cannot be driven anywhere....so there is no written estimate of repairs. I had expected to get someone to get that for me..but..no one did and now there is no one around to do it.

So..I declared its value at scrap metal $300. The nada fair retail is $3600. I am in Colorado. The car is in Delaware. What is going to happen when I am asked about it? I do not have the title. (Probably lost over these last couple years). I cannot afford the $80 to get a replacement title. How can I surrender it? Is someone actually going to the farm in delaware to tow it away? Mostly I worry the trustee is going to get mad at me about it. Honestly, there isn't anything I could do about it. Try as I might..I couldn't get anyone to take it to a repair shop to get that estimate for me. It's in such bad shape it cannot pass any inspection.

What is likely to happen?

Sorry...I did it again....this should be under pro se. Please move it for me. Thanks

Comment

I moved the thread.

There is nothing to for the trustee to be mad about. You listed the car on the petition and a value that you think is accurate. Just tell the trustee the truth when/if he asks about the car. Be ready to tell him exactly where it is. He will probably abandon it. Even if it were in Colorado, it wouldn't be worth his trouble.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Geeznowwhat, how did your 341 go?
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Whew! It went very well. I was not asked about the old junker. But, something I never expected ... I was asked about the truck that disappeared 10 years ago!

I co-signed a 30k loan for a truck. What happened is they tried to repossess it back in 2005-2006. I told them where to find it in 2005...they never went after it. In 2006 I was sued and of course lost. Since I never had actual possession of the truck, and have no idea where it went...I did not include it. But, the lawsuit is a big chunk of my Reason to BK.

So, I told the trustee everything I knew about the truck....which isn't much of anything. I haven't seen it or the guy that I co-signed for in 10 years. Even a people finder search ($9.95 back in 2006) didn't find him.

The trustee did not ask me about that lawsuit I could have filed. For $24k that is owed to me. I brought all the documents with me, prepared to turn over the entire case and the notes. Not a word. So, now I wait.

I am in the 60 day club now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X