Pro Se Western Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Se Western Wisconsin

Is there anyone here that has filed Pro Se in Western Wisconsin?

It's a bit of a long shot to find somebody who has filed pro se in your state AND is still reading posts here. I suggest that you ask whatever questions you have. We may be able to help even if we did not file in Wisconsin and/or didn't file pro se. While some procedures and laws vary by state, there is more that is the same across all states than is different.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

I just filed yesterday, but just the Voluntary Petition, Installment plan,Social Security Numbers form, Matrix and credit counseling certificates (it's myself and my husband filing). It was pretty urgent that we had the automatic stay in place because I've recently lost my job. I understand that I have 14 days to file the rest of the schedules, but putting together Schedule E/F is a real killer!

My first question is pretty easy but just to be clear "unliquidated" would be defined as an amount that is not definite. I'm not 100% sure on the amounts of all the debts because of interest and such that has been racking up.

My second question is, while listing creditors on the Schedule E/F, I noticed we have multiple bills from single creditors (ex; hospitals). Will I need to list each bill or an estimate of all bills, with one subtotal?

I know these are the types of questions handled by attorney, but we are very limited on advice that we can financial pay for which is why we have decided to file Pro Se.

Thanks ahead for any help!

Comment

An unliquidated debt is one that it is impossible to determine the amount, usually because there is a dispute. It's different than not knowing what you owe because you don't know how much interest has accrued. The fact is, unless there is a dispute about the terms of the debt or the amount of debt incurred, the amount of the debt can be calculated (even if you do not have all the info needed) so it is not unliquidated. Google the term and you will find definitions, including at nolo.com which is a good resource.

List each creditor once. If you don't know the balance due, make your best estimate.
        Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 03-04-2016, 10:06 AM.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Now that I am at a computer with a keyboard and not on my phone, I have some more comments.

Assuming you are filing Chap 7, you should buy the Nolo Press book on Chapter 7. They have a downloadable version. Also, read everything available on your local court website, including the local rules and any general orders. Familiarize yourself with the Bankruptcy Code and Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure.

The questions you are asking are not specific to your state, so don't limit the titles of your posts to your state.

Comment

I am a pro se filer. Not in Wisconsin, but those schedules are likely the same.

The best estimate of the amount due is good. You do not have to call and get a up to the minute interest and legal fee....if you are a no-asset case...it is all discharged anyhow, no harm, no foul.

List every creditor. If you have a hospital and a collection agency for the same debt....list the dollar amount with the line for the hospital..and on the collection agency, for reason write down that it is the hospital debt on the line above. Put zero in the dollar amount. That way, both are properly notified and both get the automatic stay. Include them in the matrix too...for notification.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X