Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What forms

Hello all,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I have a fairly simple case I plan to do Pro Se($1500 car, no assets). I plan to do more reading and learning before finally proceeding. I have found the forms and skimmed through them, my question is, what forms do I fill out for a basic chapter 7? Is there a checklist of forms I should have?

Long time poster, first time lurker.

I recommend you obtain one of the handy guides (such as NoLo's Guide to Filing Bankruptcy). You should also familiarize yourself with your local District Bankruptcy Court's Website. Typically that Website will have all the forms as well as local forms. Many of the Court's Websites even has an area for Pro Se filers including, typically, an entire packet explaining and including the forms. The local Court may also have a Pro Se clinic or other forms of Pro Bono help for the do-it-yourself filer.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well, basically, you fill out all the forms. Those that do not apply you indicate such with N/A.

The entire set of forms concerning the means test only has to be filled out if you are over the income limit. Those are the only forms I was allowed to skip altogether. There was no presumption of abuse in my case....but, maybe there is in your so you have to fill out all of it.

Call the local legal aide offices....they might have a bankruptcy clinic you can attend. Nolo press is good too. Get the most current books on pro se filing for chapter 7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X