Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Se chapter 7 and a motion to redeem and credit score weirdness

I've filed chapter 7 pro se, a non-profit named upsolve.org assisted with my paperwork. They're great and everything has gone swimmingly so far. One thing they don't handle though is the redemption on my vehicle. I owe $19,798 and it books out on Edmunds.com at $10172 in average condition. So since I filed I have spent a lot of time combing the internet and figuring out how to draft a solid motion to redeem, figuring that the bank would fight me on it, I really had a great one too. Before I filed my motion I called the bank to see if they were willing to negotiate a lump sum for the redemption value. So long story short I offered $8k and they accepted, they also sent me a letter of acceptance. Awesome! I also have secured the funding via a family member buying the vehicle until after the bankruptcy closes. So tomorrow morning I plan on calling the trustee to find out what, if anything, he wants or needs from me. Other than that my question is, can someone point me in the direction of an example motion to redeem where the parties involved agree? All I can find are examples and templates for when the parties do not agree. That failing, perhaps someone can tell me how much leeway that letter of acceptance will provide? Meaning that even if I get some of the procedural minutia of the motion incorrect, as long as the required parts are in it (i.e. property description, value, method of determining value (in this case the letter), etc...) is the court still likely to grant the motion based on the fact that no one challenges it? I am calling the trustee in the morning to see what he requires for the redemption or anything else for the case. Before anyone wastes their time typing it, I have called several lawyers in my area to inquire as to the cost of simply drafting the motion for me and no one is interested unless I have paid them $1000+ to do the whole bankruptcy. Any information in this area is appreciated!

As stated in the title, I witnessed something very strange happen with my score after I filed. Pre-filing my score was 655, when the BK hit my credit report there was a 46 point drop, which was much, much less than I was anticipating. The really odd thing though was 2 weeks after filing my score when back up 11 points to 619 for a total drop of only 35 points. Did this happen because I have 9 years of flawless payment history? Any other ideas?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X