Student loan question again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student loan question again

I know that student loans are not supposed to be discharged automatically just because I filed chap 7, but this is what is on pacer after I went to my 341: and for the amount being discharged that is mostly student loan stuff.
    What do you think?

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 2 months. Assets Abandoned: $ 87100.00, Assets Exempt: Not Available, Claims Scheduled: $ 378966.44, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $ 378966.44. Meeting of Creditors Held and Adjourned. (Scully, Maureen)

Unless you filed a complaint (adversary proceeding) to ask for discharge, student loans are non-dischargeable. It's that simple. Even if the Trustee makes a procedural error, it's not going to affect the non-dischargeability nature of student loans. You must file a complaint, and be successful, in order to discharge them.

At least, that's what I understand about the process.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X