2 Questions, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Questions, need help

1. Is a Professional Privilege Tax Priority Unsecured? and, if so, is the late payment and accumulated interest Non priority? The debt is because I was a registered RE Broker in Tennessee though I never lived there and ended up not doing business there either.

2. American Express is suing me and I must respond to the summons by April 29, but I may not file BK until mid-May. Would it be reasonable to file a Motion with the Court requesting no further action on the lawsuit for 30 days because I am filing BK?

Originally posted by poorold View Post
    1. Is a Professional Privilege Tax Priority Unsecured? and, if so, is the late payment and accumulated interest Non priority? The debt is because I was a registered RE Broker in Tennessee though I never lived there and ended up not doing business there either.
    Not all taxes are priority. (I read about this TNPP tax and all you had to do is tell them you're inactive, and you wouldn't have to pay it, if you did this prior to June 1 in that tax year.) Anyhow, you would just wait for them to file a claim. I would say that it's not priority because it's not based on a wage, and is not a property tax. Generally, that's what makes it priority.

Originally posted by poorold View Post
    2. American Express is suing me and I must respond to the summons by April 29, but I may not file BK until mid-May. Would it be reasonable to file a Motion with the Court requesting no further action on the lawsuit for 30 days because I am filing BK?
    In most Courts, you can file a request to extend the time to answer. This usually extends the time by 30 days.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X