Filing Today- So nervous!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Today- So nervous!!

Well, thanks largely to this forum and the expertise of it's members, I have finally reached my filing date. I am right now checking and re-checking my paperwork, so nervous that I am forgetting something! I've had so much coffee that I'm shaking- or maybe it's just the nerves :-)

As soon as I file and get my copy of the voluntary petition stamped with today's date, I'm marching down to my university and demanding my diploma. I'm worried that they're going to give me a hard time, but hopefully they will respect the automatic stay and not try to withhold it from me any longer!

Thanks to everyone for their advice and help with all of my tedious questions. Wish me luck!!
    Filed Ch. 7 (pro se) 6/15/09
    341 Mtg. 7/23/09
    Discharged and closed: 9/23/09

Good luck!

Just stay on top of any deficiency notices from the court if you do forget something, ( I did ), and you will have time to cure.

And make sure you mail in anything the TT requests timely. (Sometimes they ask for the last years tax return, etc).

The deeper you get into it, the less nervous you will be.

Once you file, take the debtor ed course and get it over with and turned in ( the certificate) so you don't have to worry about it.

Comment

Congratulations on filing!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Back from downtown!!

Well, everything went smoothly...I got my case number and am waiting for notice of my 341 meeting.

And, best news of all....the University gave me my diploma!!! I just showed them my copy of the petition stamped with my file number and they handed it right over. Finally, a year later, I really feel like a college graduate!
        341 Mtg. 7/23/09

Comment

Originally posted by betpie View Post
          And, best news of all....the University gave me my diploma!!! I just showed them my copy of the petition stamped with my file number and they handed it right over. Finally, a year later, I really feel like a college graduate!
          Excellent. Especially since you knew your rights... and walked right into that office and demanded... well.. asked for your diploma!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Excellent. Especially since you knew your rights... and walked right into that office and demanded... well.. asked for your diploma!
            Absolutely. In all honesty, I went in there ready to demand and argue and get rowdy if I needed to Luckily it didn't come to that. But it really was quite an empowering experience- both the filing as well as getting my diploma. Thank you for all your help and patience, justbroke.
            341 Mtg. 7/23/09

Comment

Well done!!! As DingDong said.. watch for any deficiency notice. Boy did we ever learn the hard way about those... when they say 15 days they MEAN it!
              12/05/08 - filed pro se
              01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
              04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
              6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate View Post
                Well done!!! As DingDong said.. watch for any deficiency notice. Boy did we ever learn the hard way about those... when they say 15 days they MEAN it!
                Yes, Miss Blankslate and I belong to the "How to overcome a dismissal club"

Mr. Justbroke is my BK Forum hero. ( he saved my butt!) I have a pic of his Avatar in my wallet.

He's so handsome!

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
                  Mr. Justbroke is my BK Forum hero. ( he saved my butt!) I have a pic of his Avatar in my wallet.
                  I look like the mysterious Banker from Deal or No Deal, only I'm green.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                    I look like the mysterious Banker from Deal or No Deal, only I'm green.

Classic!
                    Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
                    Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
                    Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X