top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 question (kinda got brushed off by Trustee's office)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 question (kinda got brushed off by Trustee's office)

Hey everyone! Here's a little background before my question: I filed for Chapter 7 pro se on 6/15, and the 341 meeting is set for 7/7. I received a letter in the mail from the Trustee's office with a questionnaire and a generic list of docs to send in 7 days before the meeting (the completed questionnaire, tax return, retirement statements if I have them, and so forth). It said to email them or mail them in. I scanned them in and sent them to the email address of the Trustee as PDFs. This was on Friday of last week. I've also sent an email asking what documents he wants me to bring with me to the meeting.

Both emails have gone unanswered. I finally called the Trustee's office and explained to the lady who answered the phone and that I want to make sure that the documents got there, if there's anything else needed, what to bring to the meeting. She tersely replied that she was assembling the documents the trustee forwarded to her and that she would give me a call back and then she hung up. She called back half an hour later and left a message saying that she has all the documents I sent and added "please don't call back." Ok...

So I am going to bring another copy of my filing, the letters I have received from the Trustee, a copy of my tax return, copies of my wage stubs I filed with the bankruptcy, and my retirement statements if I can get them (I have never received any and so I am trying to fill out some kind of release statements to authorize them to send me statements. Seriously.), and some documentation that shows that my disposable income permanently dropped since my filing, in case the issue comes up (it's a big drop , from $288/month to -$60 /month).

So, after all that, my question is: Do I need to bring anything else besides myself? Thanks, and props to anyone who has read this far!
    Last edited by JoeW; 07-02-2009, 10:19 PM.

Make sure you have your actual SS card and your drivers license.
    Good luck at your 341, it sounds like you have everything you need.

Do you have a bank statement showing your bank balance as of the filing date?
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Two things.

First, bring two copies of everything you sent them, to the meeting too.

Second, the Trustee office is extremely busy. The really don't have time to "validate" or "confirm" anything these days. I have NEVER had the Trustee's office return a phone call or respond to any of the 3 letters I sent them. They are just that busy.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X