when to pull credit reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when to pull credit reports?

Hi, just wondering what the best time to pull credit reports is. Is it the day you file so that your amounts are somewhat equal to what the creditors have or is it ok like 60 days before filing, etc.

I'm just worried about having the exact amount of debt submitted since there are so many fees, etc. that make the balance increase each month.

Thanks!

You can pull them at any time. I suggest about 30 days before filing. The key is just to get all the "original" creditors or any Junk Debt Buyers (JDBs) on your Schedules. It doesn't really matter about the Collection Agencies, although it's nice to list them so that they don't pester you.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        You can pull them at any time. I suggest about 30 days before filing. The key is just to get all the "original" creditors or any Junk Debt Buyers (JDBs) on your Schedules. It doesn't really matter about the Collection Agencies, although it's nice to list them so that they don't pester you.

That was a question I had about listing creditors, do you list the original creditor, the collection agency(s), or all who asked for payment on the account?
        SNRSFN
        Filed 08/24/2009 (Pro Se)
        Creditors Meeting Scheduled 09/29/2009
        Last Day for Objections 11/30/2009

Comment

Originally posted by snrsfn View Post
          That was a question I had about listing creditors, do you list the original creditor, the collection agency(s), or all who asked for payment on the account?
          List all of them which you have addresses for. List the amount due for the original creditor only, and make sure to "notate" the others (collection agencies, junk debt buyers) as "duplicate" and put $0 as the amount (so as not to double count the debt).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            List all of them which you have addresses for. List the amount due for the original creditor only, and make sure to "notate" the others (collection agencies, junk debt buyers) as "duplicate" and put $0 as the amount (so as not to double count the debt).

Thank you so much!
            SNRSFN
            Filed 08/24/2009 (Pro Se)
            Creditors Meeting Scheduled 09/29/2009
            Last Day for Objections 11/30/2009

Comment

Oops

I just asked this questions in a new thread, I'm so glad I found this website!
              Filed: 09/18/09
              341: 10/28/09
              DISCHARGED!!!!:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X