travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

travel trailer

Is a travel trailer considered a vehicle, real estate, or where does it belong?
    SNRSFN
    Filed 08/24/2009 (Pro Se)
    Creditors Meeting Scheduled 09/29/2009
    Last Day for Objections 11/30/2009

For what purpose are you asking?

It is an asset, so it simply goes on the schedule of assets. If you are asking, can it be "exempted", that will depend on your state's exemptions scheme, but generally, any sort of recreational vehicle (i.e. travel trailer) does not fit under any exemption.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
      For what purpose are you asking?

It is an asset, so it simply goes on the schedule of assets. If you are asking, can it be "exempted", that will depend on your state's exemptions scheme, but generally, any sort of recreational vehicle (i.e. travel trailer) does not fit under any exemption.

No I am asking for the pre credit counseling. It asks how many autos you have and if you have any real estate. I don't want to seem like I am hiding it, but I wouldn't consider it either.
      SNRSFN

Comment

Originally posted by snrsfn View Post
        No I am asking for the pre credit counseling. It asks how many autos you have and if you have any real estate. I don't want to seem like I am hiding it, but I wouldn't consider it either.
        it's just a vehicle then.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you guys very much for all your help. And HHM I think you are right, I will try and find a way to hire an attorney. God Bless.
          SNRSFN

Comment

Are you living in it or using it as a residence? Mississippi has a special exemption for people living in travel trailers or mobile homes. I suspect that other states may as well.
            Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
              Are you living in it or using it as a residence? Mississippi has a special exemption for people living in travel trailers or mobile homes. I suspect that other states may as well.
              No, I do not live in it. I actually don't even have it near me, it sits on my aunts property and she lives in it. I tried to give it back to the creditor before he filed a judgment against me and I guess he wanted the cash instead because he filed the judgment anyway for cash, not for the trailer. I really could care less if the trustee takes it, I would give it back freely.
              SNRSFN

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X