top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

filing jointly and "doubling" on papers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filing jointly and "doubling" on papers?

maybe this is a stupid question,but on some of the forms it states debtor"S" ,I understand to put both my husband's and my name on it,but when it says "debtor",do I file 2 papers ,each in our names?

thanks!!!
    filed chap 7 pro se 09/15/09
    341 meeting 10/19/09 continued
    2nd 341 meeting 11/09/09 concluded
    discharged : 12/21/09 closed :01/08/10

Originally posted by Patch View Post
    maybe this is a stupid question,but on some of the forms it states debtor"S" ,I understand to put both my husband's and my name on it,but when it says "debtor",do I file 2 papers ,each in our names?

thanks!!!
    It depends on what paper it is. Do yuo have the NoLo book?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

yes I do Have the nolo book( a god sent!),and reread it and found most of my answer and espescially this one...
      thanks.
      but we have incredibly long names lol....I hope it 's ok to just put the middle initial ....

Comment

Originally posted by Patch View Post
        yes I do Have the nolo book( a god sent!),and reread it and found most of my answer and espescially this one...
        thanks.
        but we have incredibly long names lol....I hope it 's ok to just put the middle initial ....
        You can use the middle initial everywhere except on Form 1 which is the Voluntary Petition. Also, anywhere else where it explicitly asks for your full name. For captions and headers on documents, I never even use my middle initial.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

thank you very much...it's those little details that can drive someone crazy....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X