What am I forgetting ? Checklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I forgetting ? Checklist

I am about to file Bankrupcty Chapter 7 Pro Se (I just dated and broke up with my exbf Satan and survived that so this is a piece of cake )
    So I am about to enter all my creditors into a centered list
    I have all the bankruptcy forms to fill out
    I downloaded my free 30 day trial of adobe acrobat pro (gracias adobe !)
    Since I did not work for last few years and lived off of savings (and this year partial income from renters)
    What do I do in liu of tax returns ?
    I think Annie said she wrote housewife with 0/00 $ income and got it signed as an affadavit.
    Should i do that ?

Anything else Im overlooking ?

Thanks guys !

Originally posted by bellee View Post
    Since I did not work for last few years and lived off of savings (and this year partial income from renters)
    What do I do in liu of tax returns ?
    You received rental income and didn't file a tax return? There is no "in lieu of" tax returns, when you are required to file them!

I think Annie said she wrote housewife with 0/00 $ income and got it signed as an affadavit. Should i do that ?
    No! That affidavit would be fraudulent and you could be punished for Bankruptcy fraud. You actually have income. Rental Income. You must file a return.

Anything else Im overlooking ?
    Don't know. Do you even have the NoLo Press's Chapter 7 book? I think you have issues already (with income and non-reporting).

If you don't have a guide or book, such as NoLo's guide, then you need to get one and go back through your whole package.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      You received rental income and didn't file a tax return? There is no "in lieu of" tax returns, when you are required to file them!

No! That affidavit would be fraudulent and you could be punished for Bankruptcy fraud. You actually have rental income. You must file a return.

Don't know. Do you even have the NoLo Press's Chapter 7 book? I think you have issues already (with income and non-reporting).
      I received the rental income starting in june of this year.
      So I have to file the return right now ? ( I mean file it early ? )
      Nolo book had been checked out of my library for a week and Border's is also out of it !

Comment

I received the rental income starting in june of this year.

So I have to file the return right now ? ( I mean file it early ? ) Nolo book had been checked out of my library for a week and Border's is also out of it!
        Oh, okay, this year. Sorry about that. You would still need to report that income -- as your current monthly income -- since June and up to the "month" before you file.

How many years have you gone without filing?

You can get the NoLo book for about $7.00 on-line if you search this site for the eCoupon and use the eCoupon to save $10.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh, okay, this year. Sorry about that. You would still need to report that income -- as your current monthly income -- since June and up to the "month" before you file.

How many years have you gone without filing?

You can get the NoLo book for about $7.00 on-line if you search this site for the eCoupon and use the eCoupon to save $10.
          several years. had a med mal suit for pain and suffering and was a homemaker to my controlling exbf.
          anyway, im being clueless again.
          report the income to irs BEFORE i file chapter 7 ??
          (i am already listing the income on one of the bankruptcy forms -
          )
          i am avoiding a deadline for re tax sale so this paperwork needs to be filed tomorrow.

Comment

Okay, I see now. For those years you would need to, as you indicated, submit an affidavit that you were not required to file a tax return.

For the current year, you do just as you're doing.... including the income from the rentals on your Schedule I and Means Test (Form B22A).

Originally posted by bellee
            i am avoiding a deadline for re tax sale so this paperwork needs to be filed tomorrow.
            Good Luck!

Comment

Okay, I see now. For those years you would need to, as you indicated, submit an affidavit that you were not required to file a tax return.

For the current year, you do just as you're doing.... including the income from the rentals on your Schedule I and Means Test (Form B22A).

Good Luck!

Thanks !

I still have a few marbles left. Awesome

Comment

So I'm about 30% done on my forms.
                Ive been typing everything up in Adobe but I actually want to switch over to writing the rest in.
                Im sick of staring at a computer screen ! lol
                is this okay ?
                is it bad to hand write answers instead of typing ?

Comment

Most of mine were handwritten and no one seemed to mind.

Be sure to leave the date off until you go to file and put that date, my original petition was dated a month ahead (when I started filling them out) and I had to go redo my petition and all of my schedules for that reason.

It didn't really take long, but it was a simple mistake that could have been avoided.

I wish you the best! Keep us updated!
                  8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
                  8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
                  9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
                  11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

I have seen only a few petitions where they were completed by hand. But, I have seen some Pro Se petitions done that way.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X