All the collectors, what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the collectors, what should I do?

I've been avoiding bill collectors and attorneys for over a year now, and I'm finishing up on my Schedule F. I have all of the original creditors listed and some of the collection agencies and attorneys, but I pulled my credit report and there are still a few that I don't know which company/debt they are representing.

Can I just leave them off since I have the original creditor and at least one collection agency for each debt?

If anyone can help me I would so appreciate it since the collectors and attorneys are off today for Labor Day.

Thanks!
    Filed: 09/18/09
    341: 10/28/09
    DISCHARGED!!!!:

You should be ok as long as you list the original creditor, but if you have the information from your credit report I would list them anyways.

If you don't know what account it is for you can list them, check the "disputed" box, and put "Unknown" for the amount and account number.

My attorney did that for a few collection agencies that were hanging around but not forthcoming with information.

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick repsonse.

I will list them and also I think I should put "duplicate" in the Date claim was incurred box?
      Filed: 09/18/09
      341: 10/28/09
      DISCHARGED!!!!:

Comment

Originally posted by filingsoon View Post
        I will list them and also I think I should put "duplicate" in the Date claim was incurred box?
        You can do that as well to indicate that it may be a duplicate. I put the collection agencies as "duplicate" with the amount as $0.00 (or Unknown)

jadams has done a great job in telling you about the rest.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X