top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have everything ready, so why do I keep putting it off ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have everything ready, so why do I keep putting it off ?

I pretty much have every form filled out and ready to go to file my Chapter 7 pro se.
    But I find myself putting it off day after day.
    How do I get myself to just get it over with ?
    I actually got on the train the other day to go to the courthouse and got off at the stop before it.
    What's wrong with me ?

I think I partly have nightmares of my creditors all showing up at the 341 and talking about me together. (its the small independent creditors who have freaked me into filing, not the biggest ones ironically)

And to make matter WORSE my new bf wants me to wait until next week and talk with his personal attorney to try and work things out.

But Im very independent and dont feel right about getting repped by his lawyer. The only thing that will solve this short of bankruptcy or suddenly selling my house is a loan.

And I'd feel weird asking my new bf for that.

But now thats making me hem and haw too.

This should be a personal decision. Your BF has absolutely nothing to do with what financial trouble that you're trying to unravel. If you think you should talk to his attorney and feel comfortable with it... go ahead.

Remember, this is your finances.

Your creditors won't show up at the 341 Meeting, unless it's some local Credit Union. Even if they do, no worries.

I think you're looking for reasons not to file... so do this. Take a blank piece of paper. On one side, list all of your debts and financial issues that represent filing bankruptcy On the other side... list all the ways to fix it (except bankruptcy, which is on the other side).

Whichever side has more on it... wins.

Of course, there is something to be said for planning your bankruptcy to deal with tax issues, and other things that may be dischargeable if you only waited a few more weeks. Other than that...
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      This should be a personal decision. Your BF has absolutely nothing to do with what financial trouble that you're trying to unravel. If you think you should talk to his attorney and feel comfortable with it... go ahead.

Remember, this is your finances.

Your creditors won't show up at the 341 Meeting, unless it's some local Credit Union. Even if they do, no worries.

I think you're looking for reasons not to file... so do this. Take a blank piece of paper. On one side, list all of your debts and financial issues that represent filing bankruptcy On the other side... list all the ways to fix it (except bankruptcy, which is on the other side).

Whichever side has more on it... wins.

Of course, there is something to be said for planning your bankruptcy to deal with tax issues, and other things that may be dischargeable if you only waited a few more weeks. Other than that...

Oh yeah. ::palm to forehead: duh.
      One of the biggest reason I was scrambling to file was taken out of the equation.
      My mortgage company payed my back real estate taxes last minute so Im no longer filing to stay a tax lien sale.
      I was in foreclosure with my mortgage company but last week i faxed in documents to modify my mortgage, so that's out of the way.

It's all unsecured debt. But it's the nonstop constant calls, emails and personal visits from small time creditors.

A few are definitely going to try and sue in small claims.

Frankly I would rather file chapter 7 then involve my bf's very busy lawyer in this hullahbaloo.
      I would rather contact him if I have much bigger fish to fry.
      My credit rating is shot already and I just need peace of mind to start fresh.

Again thanks for your input as usual.

Comment

If this helps any,,,,,, and you are mostly worried about creditors coming to the 341 meeting. I just had mine on Mon,,,,,, about 12 people went before me and there were NO creditor's showing up for mine or any of those 12. I have 11 creditors.

Good luck.
        08/ 3/09 - Filed Chapter 7 IN PRO SE, Central CA
        09/21/09-341 Meeting, 10/28/09-Financial Mgt class
        11/02/09 - Filed Form B23, may close on 11/20/09
        12/03/09 - Received Notice of Discharge of Debtor

Comment

Do what you need to do. I'm sure that your bf has good intentions, but it's not his life and his finances.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
            Do what you need to do. I'm sure that your bf has good intentions, but it's not his life and his finances.

He does have good intentions and it's the thought that counts.
            But I need to clean up my own mess.
            Also I simply can't focus with assorted contact from the small creditors I mentioned.
            EVEN when I told them to speak to my lawyer they still contact me instead (and they're not supposed to)
            I feel that when i file this I at least can have some room and time to BREATHE.
            Which I think will help me focus on finding work.
            I've felt like a hunted animal walking on eggshells.
            I've read NOLO new bankruptcy back and forth, the entire chapter 7 nolo, hung out on this site for many hours and read tons of bankruptcy archives.

K time to pull the trigger.
            off to file.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X