Entry of appearance and request for all notices and documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry of appearance and request for all notices and documents

I received this notice today from the law firm representing my mortgage lender. It basically states that they want to be copied on everything to do with my case. I am assumming that I must now copy them on notices, etc. from this point forward. Is this correct? They also want to be added to the official mailing matrix, but they are already on it minus the name of the attorney the assigned. I will call the clerk to see if I need to turn in a new matrix listing the name of the assigned attorney from the law firm.
    Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
    Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
    Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

I think you are okay if this creditor is already on your matrix. Several of us, myself included, have had these come in from a recovery group in South Florida. But, yes, call the clerk and verify this.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

You should always use the current mailing matrix when "serving" anything on creditors (as required). Therefore, you should download the new matrix and/or make sure you use that address when corresponding with that creditor.

There are not many things that you need to send notice for or to serve on most creditors. However, should you need to serve some paper on a creditor, you must ensure that you served them at the proper address or they can later claim that they were improperly served.

Again, this usually doesn't come up. You do not need to turn in a new Matrix. The Request for Notice actually was sent to the Court and the Clerk updated your matrix. You can tell this by downloading a new matrix from PACER and you'll notice the new entry!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X