End of the 60 days coming up?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the 60 days coming up?....

Looks like it should have been 2 days ago?

I was looking forward to seeing 'closed' or something on there by now....lol.
    8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
    8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
    9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
    11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Nah, the only thing that passes after 60 days from your 341 Meeting, is the deadline to object to discharge! This is what you want. The discharge will come after. Because many courts are very busy, the discharge can be 65, 75, 85 or more days. However, since the objection to discharge bar date has passed, you're in the clear.

There is nothing in the code that states that the discharge must come right after 60 days. The time the discharge is granted is actually part of the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure. Rule 4004 to be more precise. It just basically states that "[i]n a chapter 7 case, on expiration of the time fixed for filing a complaint objecting to discharge and the time fixed for filing a motion to dismiss the case under Rule 1017(e), the court shall forthwith grant the discharge...".

So, basically sometime after 60 days, you get the discharge. So, since your last day for objections was 11/7/2009, you are good to go. You're just waiting on the "paperwork".

When it does happen, it will be marked as Debtor Discharged. The close may be automatic or not. Some Courts don't do the automatic close on Discharge, so the closing could lag. What you wanted was to get past that 11/7/2009 date, and you have.

Congratulations. I'm sure the hampsters are practicing their routine right now.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yay! ty ty

I keep peeking at the pacer history to see if anything new was added, I'll just do that every few days til I see it....I can't believe this is almost over!

Now I'm starting to spend some time reading on the boards about rebuilding credit, buying another car....but....we are strictly living off cash and very content with making it on what we have for a good long time.

I don't see us ever getting a 'real' credit card again, we will probably use the prepaid one for the rest of our lives, lol. I have no desire for a 'real' one, but I like to read on there and see what all everyone else is doing and what's available.

There's such awesome information on this site, it really helped us change our lives for the better. I still don't think I would have taken that first step without reading so much here and seeing that it can be done.
      8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
      8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
      9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
      11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X