When do accounts close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do accounts close?

I filed last week, some of my online CC accounts are closed, some remain open. Is there any rhyme or reason to this? Chase closed 2 CC's but the $7500 one is still open.

My question is; are there any indicators or flags that a creditor might object, that will show up prior to them objecting? And if one does object, and I use a private mail box, would I receive notice by mail? Or will I find out on PACER? (I have no idea if they can serve a UPS store address.)

Originally posted by OnTheRocks View Post
    My question is; are there any indicators or flags that a creditor might object, that will show up prior to them objecting?
    Object to what? Your discharge? Do they have any reason, that you know of, to object to something? That would be the first red flag.

And if one does object, and I use a private mail box, would I receive notice by mail? Or will I find out on PACER? (I have no idea if they can serve a UPS store address.)
    They have to give you notice of any pleading they file. If you're not signed up for electronic service, they can give you notice by mail at the address you listed in your petition.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Thanks MSBK for your reply. I hope they have no reason.

The Chase CC I rang up $4700 in January, of that $1500 was a COBRA payment and a $1700 airfare ticket. I have made seven payments on it since.

I have a 10 year old $2000 Cap 1 CC that I had been using up till August 24th. It has been paid off several times this year but I have been using it to live.

How do I sign up for electronic service?

Comment

You can either subscribe to PACER http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/, or sign up at the Electronic Bankruptcy Noticing Center http://www.ebnuscourts.com/.

Please note that PACER has a cost associated with it, and you should search this forum for "PACER" to find out how to avoid the costs!

Don't worry about your accounts closing/not closing. They will eventually close, and you can't use them anyhow.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X