Day 10 after filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 10 after filing

All is going well, ten days since I filed now.

There is no "Presumption of Abuse" and creditors have been told not to file a "Proof of Claim" (no assets), according to the "Notice of Ch 7 BK Case, Meeting of Creditors, & Debtors", received in mail today.

Dell has been still been calling a lot but they just hang up. I got a real nasty guy on the phone yesterday from them. I told him I had filed Ch 7 and gave him the District and Case #. He asked who my lawyer was and got angry when I said Pro Se. He became quite arrogant and (using Google Voice) I pressed "4" to record. A loud female voice "This call is being recorded" announcement came up and he couldn't hang up fast enough. Their calls have stopped now.

I called my CU last week as they were threatening legal action. They wanted me to reaffirm and I told them I would be discharging all debts. They said their lawyers would be looking over my charges immediately. Haven't used their card since last year and been paying on it till Sept so I am fine with that.

I am already receiving offers for truck loans (NO!).

I still have a few sleepless nights but am feeling better than before I filed; it had really been messing with my emotions.

I will post as things go along so others going Pro Se will have a better idea what to expect.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I love creditors who get all choked up when you say "I'm the attorney of record".
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X