Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean?

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution

I looked at PACER earlier today, does this mean that the trustee has found no assets in my case, and that I'm just waiting final discharge? My discharge date I believe is 12/28/09 (60 days out from my hearing.)

I'm just hoping that everything from here till the end goes through smoothly. I don't have any assets so I'm not worried about that, but I just need some reassurance so if anyone can give me some I would be very thankful.
    Filed: 09/18/09
    341: 10/28/09
    DISCHARGED!!!!:

Yes, it means exactly that. However, it doesn't stop any inquiry by the United States Trustee (UST) into your case. The Panel Trustee, who is the one that issues the No Distribution Report, is done with his/her work and is withdrawing from the case. The only thing now is to wait out the rest of the 60 days.

Unless the UST has already issued a "statement" on presumption of abuse or has otherwise contacted you, and no creditor bothered you, the No Distribution Report pretty much means that you have no more obstacles.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Yes, it means exactly that. However, it doesn't stop any inquiry by the United States Trustee (UST) into your case. The Panel Trustee, who is the one that issues the No Distribution Report, is done with his/her work and is withdrawing from the case. The only thing now is to wait out the rest of the 60 days.

Unless the UST has already issued a "statement" on presumption of abuse or has otherwise contacted you, and no creditor bothered you, the No Distribution Report pretty much means that you have no more obstacles.
      JustBroke, I have seen NO report period since the first or the second 341 (10/23). My discharge date is 12/14. Lawyer says no issues from UST or Trustee. Is it possible to glide by the discharge date without a report. No creditors are objecting either. This is driving me NUTS............
      Any thoughts on this?
      (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
      :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
        JustBroke, I have seen NO report period since the first or the second 341 (10/23). My discharge date is 12/14. Lawyer says no issues from UST or Trustee. Is it possible to glide by the discharge date without a report. No creditors are objecting either. This is driving me NUTS............ Any thoughts on this?
        Yes, you can glide by the discharge date prior to receiving any Distribution Report. For a no-asset case to close, though, the panel trustee needs to file the No Distribution Report.

In an asset case, the panel trustee won't file the Distribution Report until all non-exempt assets have been administered and the case is ready to close.

Neither affects the discharge.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am trying to stay positive here. I appreciate your input. We do have a non-exempt asset (we owe on it still and it is upsidedown). We signed reaff's for this item so I am wondering now if that was a good idea. I'd just rather give it up right then and there if that is what he wants. I can't sleep, and I hate being in the dark. My lawyer says that for as long as he has known the dealings of the UST and the TT, they do NOT do objections so close to the discharge ever in this district. We shall see. Being with the forum has saved my sanity during this grueling process.
          (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)

Comment

Stay positive, Michigan. I thought the No Distribution Report would come quickly since I'm not an asset case. I haven't received any updates since the Initial Report.
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Thanks, HakunaMatata. It is true that no case is the same. I am proving that myself since my last day for objections to discharge is 12/14. Where did all the timelines go that people talk about. 10/30/60 for me? Are you in the Western District?

Comment

60 day timeline question?

Yes, you can glide by the discharge date prior to receiving any Distribution Report. For a no-asset case to close, though, the panel trustee needs to file the No Distribution Report.

In an asset case, the panel trustee won't file the Distribution Report until all non-exempt assets have been administered and the case is ready to close.

Neither affects the discharge.
                It is 12/14 after 6pm. Last day of objections to discharge.
                When is the cut off today? after 5pm or after 12midnight 12/14?

Trustee didn't give an initial report or a final report. No UST involvement or creditor objections. Thanks for any thoughts on this a head of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
                  It is 12/14 after 6pm. Last day of objections to discharge. When is the cut off today? after 5pm or after 12midnight 12/14?
                  The code doesn't really say, but generally it's 5PM in that Court's timezone. it's not specified on the Notice of Bankruptcy and Deadlines, so it's really 11:59pm. With PACER and electronic filing these days, you no longer need to get the documents to the Court by 5PM.

I don't think any lawyers are around after 5PM anyhow because they are all over at Houlihan's (Boston) after a day in court.

Comment

Sorry I missed this Michigan! I'm in the Eastern District. Regardless, we know Michigan has had its more than fair share of BK cases in recent months. Who knows...maybe the BK courts have followed recent trends and downsized?!

I still don't have much PACER action. My Trustee is either tired, bored, or overwhelmed. Thus far, my house has been abandoned and I received the related Certification of Non-Response. I'm still waiting for positive news! Maybe he is saving my Report of No Distribution for Christmas?

I hope you can rest easy! It looks like you're moving full steam ahead toward your fresh start! If sleep is challenging, maybe we should meet up at Houlihan's?
                    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Comment

Thanks for your info. Justbroke. I appreciate your knowledge and sharing it.

And, Hakuna Matata......you got a date!!

Comment

Wait, there's a Houlihan's in Michigan too?

Comment

Wait, there's a Houlihan's in Michigan too?
                          Yep, in Lansing. However, I was hoping Michigan would want to join me in Boston. Of course, you're invited as well!

Comment

I'm in my car now......

3 isn't a crowd for me!! Let's go!!
                            Last edited by Michigan1951; 12-14-2009, 05:56 PM. Reason: added text.

Comment

Well, driving, it would take me 25 hours to get to Boston, LOL.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X