Finally Filed !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Filed !!!!!!

I finally filed today 12/7/09 ! WHOOOO. I hope it's smooth sailing from here.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! on taking that BIG first step!!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yes, congratulations! Make sure you let us know how it goes!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

So, as ya'll know, I filed a "per se" bankruptcy in November but I still had one pending appointment on the calendar with an attorney from before the filing so I figured I would keep the appointement last night. This lady looked very surprised when I told her I was already "IN" a bankruptcy, that I had filed per se, and had kept the appointment in case I had a few questions. I thumped my binder down on the desk and her eyes got a little big. She asked to look at it so I let her....and after a 10 minute review or so, she said "there isn't anything we can do for you...you've already done all the work that we would have been paid to do"....I did tell her about that slimey creditor and how we've been doing the debt dance for awhile and she said "....usually even the nastiest of creditors won't object once you've filed a Chapter 7...especially since it looks like you really have no assets so don't worry about that guy " I did tell her who it was and she said that this particular person isn't even highly regarded in the legal profession....Then she looked at my Trustee's name and said "oh, and this guy is kind of a grumpy old codger but you'll be okay with him....you're a young single parent so he'll go easy on you....and he will help you out if you need to file any amendments".....

She did ask where I had gotten most of my information so I gave her this web addy!!!

Comment

WOW! Good luck to you brave souls going pro se!
          Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
          341 June 1st, 2010
          Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
          Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Thanks forum

I will defenitely keep you guys posted. Thanks NHC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X