One last question before dropping papers off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last question before dropping papers off

whew what a LONG weekend of filling out forms!

I'm looking at my documents checklist to triple check I have everything, but I can't find where to stick my statement of intentions for my mortgage? Can anyone help
    Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
    341- 2/17/2010
    DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Just ask when you drop off the paperwork. When I turned in mine, it wasn't in their preferred order, but they didn't even care. It took them about 45 seconds to put everything in the order that they wanted, then she said "I noticed you don't have your statement of intentions." I hadn't quite decided what I was going to do at the time, so I hand delivered it about a week later.

Comment

Originally posted by ecsclb1724 View Post
      whew what a LONG weekend of filling out forms!

I'm looking at my documents checklist to triple check I have everything, but I can't find where to stick my statement of intentions for my mortgage? Can anyone help
      I agree with Joe, most clerk's will re-order papers for you; just make sure you have them all.

I spent a lot of time making sure they were in the exact order; and paperclipped the copies- the clerk took everything out anyway...
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Don't worry about the order. As stated, the clerk will re-order and do a page count anyhow! Also, your Statement of Intentions isn't due for 30 days (or by the date set for the first 341 Meeting of Creditors, whichever is first). So, you can submit it with your petition, or you can submit it in a week or so, at your leisure.

Check to see if your District has a published "checklist". if they do, print a copy of it and ACTUALLY CHECK IT OFF! The clerks do this all in their head when they are arranging your petition in the proper order. That's how they know what's missing.

The Statement of Intentions is an "Official Form" and can be found on the main US Courts website...

Official Form 8 - CHAPTER 7 INDIVIDUAL DEBTOR'S STATEMENT OF INTENTION.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Also note that the Statement of Intention should be served on the relevant creditor and the trustee.

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
            Also note that the Statement of Intention should be served on the relevant creditor and the trustee.

yup, I'm waiting on my trustee assignment in the mail. I've got everything ready to send out (tax forms, pay stubs, bank statements, intentions etc.)
            Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
            341- 2/17/2010
            DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

... or to have some independent third party mail them for you and fill in a proof of service by mail. (-:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X