Using Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Excel

One thing that I found very helpful for filling in schedules B and C was putting a whole inventory of our assets into a spreadsheet and adding columns for (a) which line number it fits for schedule B and (b) which law I'll exempt it under. Then, sorting the rows different ways and adding subtotals gave me easy answers for filling in the schedules. For instance, with schedule C, sorting first by (b), then by (a), then descending by value, organized our assets nicely into categories that I could then just read off subtotals for and explicitly mention the values of the most expensive items in that category.

So, I mention it here in case this approach fits well for anybody else.

I have an entire Chapter 13 spreadsheet with 7 workbooks that track claims (including whether they were allowed/objected to), monthly payments to Trustee (tracking against plan base), Form B22C, Form B22C inputs, assets, secured debt/cramdown calculation, and a contacts workbook (to track calls made to and received from creditors with detail on what was discussed). I found it to be very useful!

I've also replicated the local UST's special version of Form B22A for performing What-Ifs for 707(b) motions to dismiss.

So, yes... very helpful to have a spreadsheet!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X