top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Trustee doesn't get tax returns 7 days prior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnTheRocks View Post
    Well looks like I might have gotten lucky. The Trustee sent me an e mail requesting the return in PDF format. I have complied, and already I am liking him a lot!
    The wonders of e-Mail!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

His reply was..
      "Oh, my. 6 meg for 3 pages. You aren't getting off to a good start."

Comment

His reply was..
        "Oh, my. 6 meg for 3 pages. You aren't getting off to a good start."
        LOL. But seriously, they don't like their e-mail boxes clogged.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well looks like I might have gotten lucky. The Trustee sent me an e mail requesting the return in PDF format. I have complied, and already I am liking him a lot!
          08.28.09 - Filed Chapter 7
          10.19.09 - 341 Meeting
          12.18.09 - Anticipating Discharge!!!
          12.21.09 - Discharged!!!

Comment

Ok this is the first I ve heard of having to send tax returns...is that standard for everywhere? I m in the Western District of Louisiana and my 341 is Jan 7 do I need to send them?

Comment

If you filed through an attorney, you probably already provided the required items to your attorney. Your attorney would provide any required documentation to the Trustee.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                If you filed through an attorney, you probably already provided the required items to your attorney. Your attorney would provide any required documentation to the Trustee.
                I filed Pro Se ... guess I need to get them to the trustee's office tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by justdone View Post
                  I filed Pro Se ... guess I need to get them to the trustee's office tomorrow?
                  You need to call the Trustee's office and find out the requirements for the 341 Meeting. This is sometimes included on the Trustee's website. You may need to call them and ask them if you can e-mail PDFs over to them. A pro se filer needs to be on top of things... even things you don't know about or someone never told you about.

Comment

Yeah, when we filed the pro se clerk's reminders about what to do next failed to mention taxes, pay advices, etc.! People will cut you something of a break, but not always, and only so much -- pro se it's not really anybody's job to help you but your own.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X